Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Cut Torque Ratio

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    Did you disable traction/stability control via the tune where you end up getting all the lights on the dash and loose abs?
    yes. Lights are blacked out in the dash physically (it still throws a "service advance track" error on startup). Abs actually still works (at least im 99% sure it does). Turning the system "off" with the button without turning it off in the tune didnt feel or act the same. Its still got power over the car with the abs module in there but it only does anything if the car is enduring a "severe yaw event" lol.

So when you say physically blacked out to you mean the lights don't turn on after you make this tune change or that you disabled them somehow? Where is the traction control switch in the software(my mpvi arrives tomorrow, so at that point I can stop asking the stupid "where is this or that" questions and just look for myself)?
    Last edited by AKDMB; 09-30-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    i remember the excitement of when i ordered mine. I actually work in the area and just went to HPT and picked it up cause i couldnt wait lol.

I actually didnt do the lights, my tuner did when he installed some stuff for me way back earlier this year. He got antsy since i wasnt ordering parts fast enough lol and just did it and tuned it on e85 etc. He took the bezel apart and blacked out the lights that blink when the advancetrack is disabled. The 2 lights that light up when you turn trac off with the button are still visible which im ok with. How its done i dont know, Just that i cant see the blinking lights.

Turning trac off in the tune is in the tq management tab i think. Its a strange way to do it (its not an on/off switch) its the engine displacement x10 (50) in the box. Putting 0 in the box for it turns it off. Never understood why but whatev. off is off.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    From reading other posts, it appears that turning Torque Based Decel makes a big difference, when turning off Torque Module Switch. My car drove mostly normal. It did die once, but that was it. I did not push it at all, just a short cruise. The weird part was no LTFT readings.
    I have the same issue with my LTFT readings stop working but thought it was something with the scanner. I added the LTFT bank 1 and 2 (SAE) pids and those work.
    The other LTFT pids that are in the scanner by default just stopped working.
    2013 Mustang 5.0 A6
    Procharger P1SC1 STGII w/4" pulley = 10lbs
    DW 95lb Injectors
    Lethal Performance O/R X-PIPE
    Borla S-Type
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2016 Ford F250 6.7L
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by imsuperman View Post
    I have the same issue with my LTFT readings stop working but thought it was something with the scanner. I added the LTFT bank 1 and 2 (SAE) pids and those work.
    The other LTFT pids that are in the scanner by default just stopped working.
    What version scanner are you using? Mine is about a week old.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    What version scanner are you using? Mine is about a week old.
    I'm at today's version 2.25.2502 Beta. It's a hit or miss it seems. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    If I use the SCT livelink the LTFT values are there.
    2013 Mustang 5.0 A6
    Procharger P1SC1 STGII w/4" pulley = 10lbs
    DW 95lb Injectors
    Lethal Performance O/R X-PIPE
    Borla S-Type
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2016 Ford F250 6.7L
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by imsuperman View Post
    I'm at today's version 2.25.2502 Beta. It's a hit or miss it seems. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    If I use the SCT livelink the LTFT values are there.
    The joys of Beta software. Guess I'll keep my X4 a little longer.

Tuner in Training
    did anyone ever decide or hear the outcome of this situation. I called Lasorta racing and was told not so politely that they didn't give support on the book.

Advanced Tuner
    Setting Fuel Cut Torque Ratio to 1 will disable. Page 72 was a mistake per Don.

Does disabling all tq has effect on ESP/traction control?

Also where do you find tq based decel switch/table?
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Does anyone have any more info on "clip torque" under ETC torque management? The stock value for TCS is 7.38. The value is in ft/lbs not a ratio
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    Does disabling all tq has effect on ESP/traction control?

Also where do you find tq based decel switch/table?

Not sure about traction controls. I had it off before the tq switches were turned off. If youre looking for power though, turn it off anyhow. It *probably* effects it somehow.

Tq based decel is in airflow>Electronic Throttle.

Is that CLIP/ADD Mode? It's only think that looks so in 2015, not seen in prev model.
    www.hd-customs.pl

OK, i found this switch in 14 model, 15 has no. Also spark torque ratio limit is missing in 15.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Senior Tuner
    In the 15's I'm sure when I put a 0 in the fuel cut ratio it disables it. I'm not certain about the spark cut.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm curious if I can improve the traction control by removing the fuel/throttle cut and implementing a fairly severe ignition retard. Would setting the fuel cut torque ratio on TCS to 0.0 and spark torque ratio on TCS to 0.0 make this work?

The problem with the stock traction control (aussie 4.0L turbo six) is due to how fast it makes torque it will go from no boost to rev limiter in half a section (with TCS disabled), this means it always results in a throttle cut for a second for traction control which is quite violent with the throttle snapping off and on again.

My understanding is 0.0 on fuel cut means it will always utilise ETC and spark to cut torque and 0.0 on spark means it will always utilise spark cut.

The help says set to 0.0 to disable cylinder fuel cut (and hence use spark and throttle cut) which is confusing as I want to disable fuel cut and throttle cut. Looking at the torque reduction rpm it is set to 1000rpm by default, if I set both methods on TCS to 0.0 does this mean it will only utilise spark retard?

Any further explanation would be great.
    Last edited by rolls; 08-03-2016 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    What sort of weirdness? Reason I ask...I have all 3 of those tq switches off and the car runs and drives better than it did stock. Idle is smoth, ft's are nice and consistent. Decel is fantastic. Honestly have no complaints about how the car runs/drives. I have 2 other m6 coyotes that are also tuned in this manner, both run perfectly fine.

I also have the tq based decel disabled.

One of the cars is a 12 boss with cj intake manifold, mono blade throttle body and cj cold air, the other is a 13 gt with boss intake manifold and custom cold air intake, mine is an 11 gt with cobra jet intake manifold, custom cai, mono blade throttle body, id1k injectors walbro 450lph pump and return style fuel system. All 3 cars drive great, idle great, go wot great. No complaints. All 3 run e85

I turned all 3 off, car drives wayyyyyyy better.

The only issue I am having now is a stalling issue. If I go super slow to a stop, it does not die. However if I'm cruising and push in pedal and coast to a stop sign it will stall out.

Any ideas? Anything else I am supposed to adjust.

Does not stall with the switches turned on.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    I turned all 3 off, car drives wayyyyyyy better.

The only issue I am having now is a stalling issue. If I go super slow to a stop, it does not die. However if I'm cruising and push in pedal and coast to a stop sign it will stall out.

Any ideas? Anything else I am supposed to adjust.

Does not stall with the switches turned on.
    When you are cruising and clutch in it uses the open loop dashpot to control idle. When you are stopped it uses the closed loop idle. There is a speed setting which determines when to use dashpot and when to use closed loop. Basically the rpm error has to be low and your speed basically stopped to use closed loop.

If there is a problem with idle when using dashpot it usually indicate a problem with your tuning, dashpot rarely needs adjusting.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Exley View Post
    Does anyone have any more info on "clip torque" under ETC torque management? The stock value for TCS is 7.38. The value is in ft/lbs not a ratio
    Anyone have an answer for this? I'm assuming it is the min amount of torque that can be requested in this mode?

Quote Originally Posted by rolls View Post
    When you are cruising and clutch in it uses the open loop dashpot to control idle. When you are stopped it uses the closed loop idle. There is a speed setting which determines when to use dashpot and when to use closed loop. Basically the rpm error has to be low and your speed basically stopped to use closed loop.

If there is a problem with idle when using dashpot it usually indicate a problem with your tuning, dashpot rarely needs adjusting.
    I will look into it. This is a twin turbo car with a 1500hp rotating assembly.

Car has never stalled in 4 years with the switches on. Only when I recently turned them off (osc,torque module, torque based decel)