Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Cut Torque Ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    What about putting the torque module switch to Disabled? Anyone tried that? Be nice to tune to load, spark and fuel and forget all the Torque Management stuff.
    Disabling Torque Control will result in all sorts of weirdness. This is not a torque reduction switch, but a torque control enable switch. Since almost everything is torque based, you will have a multitude of weirdness when you disable it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Disabling Torque Control will result in all sorts of weirdness. This is not a torque reduction switch, but a torque control enable switch. Since almost everything is torque based, you will have a multitude of weirdness when you disable it.
    What sort of weirdness? Reason I ask...I have all 3 of those tq switches off and the car runs and drives better than it did stock. Idle is smoth, ft's are nice and consistent. Decel is fantastic. Honestly have no complaints about how the car runs/drives. I have 2 other m6 coyotes that are also tuned in this manner, both run perfectly fine.

I also have the tq based decel disabled.

One of the cars is a 12 boss with cj intake manifold, mono blade throttle body and cj cold air, the other is a 13 gt with boss intake manifold and custom cold air intake, mine is an 11 gt with cobra jet intake manifold, custom cai, mono blade throttle body, id1k injectors walbro 450lph pump and return style fuel system. All 3 cars drive great, idle great, go wot great. No complaints. All 3 run e85
    Last edited by schaid; 09-21-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    What sort of weirdness? Reason I ask...I have all 3 of those tq switches off and the car runs and drives better than it did stock. Idle is smoth, ft's are nice and consistent. Decel is fantastic. Honestly have no complaints about how the car runs/drives. I have 2 other m6 coyotes that are also tuned in this manner, both run perfectly fine.

One of the cars is a 12 boss with cj intake manifold, mono blade throttle body and cj cold air, the other is a 13 gt with boss intake manifold and custom cold air intake, mine is an 11 gt with cobra jet intake manifold, custom cai, mono blade throttle body, id1k injectors walbro 450lph pump and return style fuel system. All 3 cars drive great, idle great, go wot great. No complaints. All 3 run e85
    Interesting.. subbin
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    2011-2014 set to 1
    2015+ set to 0 (according DLT)
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    My car is the 13 GT referenced above with the tq switches all turned off/disabled.

As stated, mt-82, boss manifold, custom intake and e85.

the *only* time i ever had anything strange happen with the car was when tq based decel was turned on with these tq switches turned off. On shifts the car would hang and decay back down VERY slowly no matter what was in the idle airflow tables or the decay rates in the tq decel tables. I turned the 3 switches back on and it went back to driving like it did before (with all of them off and tq based decel off) EXCEPT when wot.

Car does better and drives better for me with allllll of that stuff off.

It may be fine with torque module off with tq based decel as off.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Would drivability be negatively impacted from turning off Torque based decel? Does the car just use dashpot at that point, and does the car decel fine? I'm guessing that turning off the 3 above switches pretty much got rid of any and all Torque Management intervention? Also, after these changes are made, I'm guessing traction and stability control can't really do anything to kill engine power?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post

Are the 3 you are referring to; Fuel Cut Torque Ratio, Spark Torque Ratio Limit and Spark Only Torque Ratio? Did you disable Torque Module Switch too?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    My car is the 13 GT referenced above with the tq switches all turned off/disabled.

As stated, mt-82, boss manifold, custom intake and e85.

the *only* time i ever had anything strange happen with the car was when tq based decel was turned on with these tq switches turned off. On shifts the car would hang and decay back down VERY slowly no matter what was in the idle airflow tables or the decay rates in the tq decel tables. I turned the 3 switches back on and it went back to driving like it did before (with all of them off and tq based decel off) EXCEPT when wot.

Car does better and drives better for me with allllll of that stuff off.
    Did you disable Torque Module Switch?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. Off.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you guys putting 0s to disable all 3 tables?

Advanced Tuner
    I set Fuel Cut and Spark Torque Ratio Limit to 0s. Set Spark Only Torque Ratio to 1s. Disabled Torque Module Switch and Torque Based Decel.
    I drove about 15 minutes and logged. Seemed to drive normal, except when I went over the log, my LTFT never went active. 0s for the whole log. Anyone seen this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohn50 View Post
    After doing some more looking into this, I found what I believe is a cobra jet drag car tune that is floating around (I think it's in the repo, but I have posted it here for clarity) and have been looking at the torque management tables. On the Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table the driver demand cell stays at 0.95. The Spark Torque Ratio Limit table is all 1.00 and the Spark Only Torque Ratio table is all 0.00 except for the TipOut Limit cell, which is 1.00. I would assume the cobra jet drag cars have basically zero torque management, and I would assume how this tune is set up would be zero torque management.

Or else I am completely wrong, which isn't entirely uncommon.

What do you all think?

Tune - Attachment 53395
    Just did a compare with the SCJ vs stock and the Fuel Cut table is still stock. I don't know why they would do that.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    I set Fuel Cut and Spark Torque Ratio Limit to 0s. Set Spark Only Torque Ratio to 1s. Disabled Torque Module Switch and Torque Based Decel.
    I drove about 15 minutes and logged. Seemed to drive normal, except when I went over the log, my LTFT never went active. 0s for the whole log. Anyone seen this.
    We encounter this with the Australian Fords. Turning off the module causes all sorts of strange behaviour such as spark and fuel not behaving in a predictable manner. Makes the car drive real harsh but never turned the tq based decel off. Automatics don't like it at all as the gear changes are harsh, even on gentle throttle.

Advanced Tuner
    From reading other posts, it appears that turning Torque Based Decel makes a big difference, when turning off Torque Module Switch. My car drove mostly normal. It did die once, but that was it. I did not push it at all, just a short cruise. The weird part was no LTFT readings.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Just did a compare with the SCJ vs stock and the Fuel Cut table is still stock. I don't know why they would do that.
    I was noticing that too. It does seem odd.

Advanced Tuner
    All of the "tq" anything in the tune is turned off and disabled etc. My long trims and everything else works fine.

I think that turning off the 3 switches disables reference to the tables with the 1's and 0's. I could be wrong there, but with the 3 main switches off I changed the 0/1 values and noticed no differences. (i had some stock values in those areas for a while)

Fuel is consistent (as consistent as the imbalanced returnless can be driving around, but wot is spot on)
    Spark is consistent
    VCT is consistent

Once you turn tq based decel off; it might stall on come down. Idle airflow seems to correct that (going up or down).

Why you dont have ltft is strange. Never seen that. Ive also only done this on manual cars. I don't even know what the transmission controls look like for auto; you might need the tq stuff on for them I have no idea.

Does anyone know what role traction and stability control can play after you disable all of the torque management as mentioned above? Is there anything else slowing the car down or pulling power after those 3 switches get turned off? I'm guessing not, since it sounds like turning those switches off removes all authority from torque management. I know that most these cars might not pick up too much power wise from just a tune but pick up a lot of ET from the elimination of torque management.

Advanced Tuner
    I picked up a LOT from a tune compared to disabling tq management. The car pulls just as hard up top with tq management stuff turned on, it just lags getting there. Traction/stability control in mine is also disabled and I will be deleting the ABS module this winter (this was turned off from day 1 so i dont actually know how it relates to the tq controls).

Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    I picked up a LOT from a tune compared to disabling tq management. The car pulls just as hard up top with tq management stuff turned on, it just lags getting there. Traction/stability control in mine is also disabled and I will be deleting the ABS module this winter (this was turned off from day 1 so i dont actually know how it relates to the tq controls).
    Did you disable traction/stability control via the tune where you end up getting all the lights on the dash and loose abs?