Thread: Pedal Position WOT ?

Tuner in Training

Pedal Position WOT ?

I've seen some tunes where the Pedal Position WOT Start value is reduced to 50 from 460. Can anyone shed some light on the purpose of these settings?

Pedal Position WOT Start 460
    Pedal Position WOT End 545
    2014 Camaro SS

That means from start to end PCM is blending linear throttle with DDE table to open fully throttle at end position.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    That means from start to end PCM is blending linear throttle with DDE table to open fully throttle at end position.
    I' m not sure I comprehend your response in regards to Pedal Position WOT start. My thinking is that lowering this value transitions to WOT (open loop fuel table) sooner.
    2014 Camaro SS

You are both correct. Start is when blending begins, and end is when you are no longer blending and fully WOT
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlownGTvert View Post
    I' m not sure I comprehend your response in regards to Pedal Position WOT start. My thinking is that lowering this value transitions to WOT (open loop fuel table) sooner.
    It does not have anything to do with fueling. Prior to the pedal position exceeding those values, throttle opening is based on the requested torque from the driver demand table(s). The start position is when the PCM does straight line interpolation for WOT throttle. At the end position the throttle will be WOT.

What do those pedal values represent in terms of the pedal position does anybody know by any chance? Or are they completely arbitrary numbers where 542 just randomly represents the pedal to the floor?

Its not possible to log in with hpt now, you can with sct. 542 is close to floor, 590-620 was floor last time i was checking.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    What is the advantage to lowering the Pedal Position WOT Start value? Most supercharged tunes have the WOT Start much lower between 50 - 150.
    2014 Camaro SS

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownGTvert View Post
    What is the advantage to lowering the Pedal Position WOT Start value? Most supercharged tunes have the WOT Start much lower between 50 - 150.
    My understanding is you do this to get the PCM to start using your WOT targets sooner versus the part throttle targets. These targets might be lambda and timing targets. So if you want to force the PCM to start reading WOT target values sooner you lower the start pedal position.

It has nothing to do with timing and fueling. Its more like interpolation between electronic throttle vs cable throttle.
    www.hd-customs.pl