Thread: Enabling cruise control for 2015 LS cruze

Tuner in Training

Enabling cruise control for 2015 LS cruze

Is it possible to use hptuners to enable cruise control after putting on the factory switches or is that a dealer thing/bcm.
    2001 2500 silverado 4x4 ex. cab sb lq4 western 7.5' cable plow

Tuner
    Can't do it with hptuners.. The programming is not in the ECM or the TCM and that's all HPtuners will touch..

first snag you may run into is you may need to change the SIR coil underneath the steering wheel, depends on what you have now.. The newer kits are supposed to come with it, older kits you may have to order the coil separately..

For programming you need to call up techline or send them an email with your vin and the code that comes in the box with the kit and they will enable cruise in the BCM calibrations.. You then need to use sps programming to update the BCM and then also perform an IPC recalibration so it will recognize the cruise enabled message and turn the light on in the IPC..

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tek1229 View Post
    Can't do it with hptuners.. The programming is not in the ECM or the TCM and that's all HPtuners will touch..

first snag you may run into is you may need to change the SIR coil underneath the steering wheel, depends on what you have now.. The newer kits are supposed to come with it, older kits you may have to order the coil separately..

For programming you need to call up techline or send them an email with your vin and the code that comes in the box with the kit and they will enable cruise in the BCM calibrations.. You then need to use sps programming to update the BCM and then also perform an IPC recalibration so it will recognize the cruise enabled message and turn the light on in the IPC..
    +1 New GM vehicles have to be reflashed for add on items through both the BCM and IPC. Shoot even my fog lights had to have both units re-flashed through GM TAC. No way to add something and not see the dealer sorry bud.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

A 2015 with no cruise control?

What?

How is that not a standard option on something this new with all this new tech.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help, I suppose it's off to the dealer. I ordered the GM part number for the cruise control "kit" for vehicles with steering wheel radio controls.
    Effectively it's a $300 new steering wheel that has $.50 worth of extra buttons, I don't think 2015 requires a clock spring change but not sure. In any case the part number for this kit was listed on the GM website so I'm hoping for a smooth install.

And yes, no factory cruise control for some reason even though it would add less than a dollar to the cost of the vehicle. In order to get cruise you have to upgrade to another option package with power seats and a couple other features for ~$4000. There are actually quite a few new vehicles sold like this.

So $4000 for the cruise control option on a Chevy Cruze. Yea.
    2001 2500 silverado 4x4 ex. cab sb lq4 western 7.5' cable plow