Thread: LTG crate engine wont make power/ running way too rich?

Potential Tuner

LTG crate engine wont make power/ running way too rich?

I have an LTG crate engine running the E92 ecm. We have it in an engine dyno cell so there is no vehicle. I cannot get it to make power above 2500 rpm. The hp tuner software is not that helpful for logging data because I have to use the 2.25 beta software. It seems as though it does not accurately monitor all the channels. I do have a system too rich code and wideband O2 that confirms this. My air fuel ratio is anywhere from 10.1 to 11.3. Is this causing me to drop power? I have checked all torque limits as well as raise the knock airmass table and wastegate dc table. above the 2500 rpm it just opens the throttle and the wastegate dc.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Direct Injection runs way leaner than anyone used to tuning Multiport systems would dare to go.
    This is the table i ran in my cobalt, LNF 24 Psi w/ factory turbocharger.

Running that rich can cause a multitude of problems on DI systems. Try reading everything you can get your hands on about the LNF. The LNF runs the same as a LTG with the only exception being that it uses a different computer to achieve the same results.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I figured out the power issue. I had to input a vehicle speed signal into the computer for this thing to run right. Input a signal and changed the calibration to make it read 65 mph and now it makes power just fine. Now just need to lean out the fuel because it is running way too rich according to my wideband.

Good find Travis. Let us know what kind of progress you make. Not too much LTG talk in here.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, lean is mean in these engine. 0.86 -0.88 maximum richness for target lambda in most of my tunes.

Potential Tuner
    I can't figure this afr out. Other than scaling the MAF frequency, how do I change the afr?

Potential Tuner
    I have turned off the dynamic airflow calculations by setting the max and min rpms to 100 and 0, then scaled the MAF frequency table both up and down with little to no noticable change in my wideband reading. Should I believe this? Is my wideband not working or do I need to do something else to change AFR?

Attached is the CPP LTG standalone controller file.
    CPP_Crate_LTG.hpt
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Base AFR is changed under Fuel/General/Air Fuel Ratio-Stoich AFR
    PE afr is changed under Fuel/Power Enrich/ Power Enrichment-1) EQ Ratio (Gas) & 2) EQ Ratio (Alcohol)

if you wish to tune your base VE then you must use the Virtual Volumetric Efficiency Tool under Edit/Virtual Volumetric Efficiency
    The maf sensor is disabled until 7200 rpm in your file so its not really being used for anything other than standard IAT built into the MAF sensor.

Potential Tuner
    I thought by setting the RPM disable to 100 in the speed density tab that the MAF would be used

It has rpm activation limits as you know, but the file posted here still does not have the limits low enough to use the maf in the factory allowed rpm range

Could this ECU be used in A Kappa or Delta car with the factory stability control?

--Christian