Thread: Injectors

Injectors

Little help on injectors. 15 gt, got 09 gt500 injectors (47#) and need some help on what to change to make it work. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Copy everything from the Roush tune in Fuel>General>Injector Control>Flow Rate.

Tuner in Training
    Not the same injector as OEM Roush. Calibration data for what you have is here: https://fordperformanceracingparts.c...-9593-g302.pdf

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
    Not the same injector as OEM Roush. Calibration data for what you have is here: https://fordperformanceracingparts.c...-9593-g302.pdf
    They are 47lb FRPP injectors. I know because I replaced them with Id1000s. Your link shows data for 39lb fuel pressure. 15 Coyote uses 58lb pressure.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    They are 47lb FRPP injectors. I know because I replaced them with Id1000s. Your link shows data for 39lb fuel pressure. 15 Coyote uses 58lb pressure.
    Yes, 47# but coyotes are the LU47 injector, not the G302. You'd use the multipliers in that sheet to get the calibration correct, for example AHISL*FNPW_HSCOMP

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
    Yes, 47# but coyotes are the LU47 injector, not the G302. You'd use the multipliers in that sheet to get the calibration correct, for example AHISL*FNPW_HSCOMP
    You are correct. GT500 uses a shorter 47lb injector and the data is different.

Will the shorter injector still fit?

Tuner in Training
    They are about 12MM shorter. I don't know what kind of intake manifold, rails, etc, you have. If it is for the stock coyote length injectors, you'd need some of the spacer kits available in the aftermarket. I'd rather use the longer injectors if that is what your particular hardware is made for though.

Its all the stock 15 stuff.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02GTP View Post
    Its all the stock 15 stuff.
    Why change injectors if its all stock?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by realspeeddan View Post
    Why change injectors if its all stock?
    I would 02GTP wants to run E85.