Thread: Service stabilitrak

Service stabilitrak

I get a service stabilirak when I have the ac on at an idle in park. I haven't used the ac since I installed the cam and I'm wondering what can cause this to happen. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so what did you do to fix it? It's a 2010 Camaro SS, a6 with a big cam and no stall

Any codes? Being old school, I would start by looking for an electrical problem first, like low voltage from a failing battery or generator. The A/C loads up Cabin fan motor and Radiator fan motors requiring system voltage and when you are at idle you are not getting optimum output from the Generator. Also would suggest to check grounds esp. any recently removed and replaced, the EBCM ground, HVAC/Fan grounds. EBCM could be defective worst case though without knowing anymore than your post above I am leaning towards insufficient voltage condition.
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

Quote Originally Posted by seven ends View Post
    Any codes? Being old school, I would start by looking for an electrical problem first, like low voltage from a failing battery or generator. The A/C loads up Cabin fan motor and Radiator fan motors requiring system voltage and when you are at idle you are not getting optimum output from the Generator. Also would suggest to check grounds esp. any recently removed and replaced, the EBCM ground, HVAC/Fan grounds. EBCM could be defective worst case though without knowing anymore than your post above I am leaning towards insufficient voltage condition.
    Thanks I will definitely check that, I'll run it and check my battery voltage and see if there's a drop.. When the car has been driven awhile and I put it in park and turn the ac on I don't have the problem.. So it's confusing. The ac runs perfect when I'm driving just not sitting still especially not in gear cause of the whole stock stall issue

Anybody else have any ideas? The voltage and everything seems to be good

You never answered the question about codes.

Mine will have a stabilitrak error if I even have the MAF failed
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Sorry I missed that, no there aren't any codes other than random misfire which is what gives the service stabilitrak.. I Can hear the car misfiring soon as I kick the ac on

What is the OS number in your ECM? Asking because Mr. Google found an A/C idle issue with GM's 12633056 that apparently is fixed with an updated ECM and BCM reflash.
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

Quote Originally Posted by seven ends View Post
    What is the OS number in your ECM? Asking because Mr. Google found an A/C idle issue with GM's 12633056 that apparently is fixed with an updated ECM and BCM reflash.
    I'll check that out this week.. Accidentally shattered the screen on my tuning laptop so hopefully I have a replacement in by Tuesday and can get it up. I'll post back and let you know the results.. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by calvinespree View Post
    Sorry I missed that, no there aren't any codes other than random misfire which is what gives the service stabilitrak.. I Can hear the car misfiring soon as I kick the ac on
    So.. the issue is the misfire then, not just a random stabilitrak error. Good to know.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

That sux on the screen. When you can you should really post up a tune and log of the event.

If the March post below you made is still the same vehicle, you have the 7084 OS so its not the older OS that needed to be updated. You should really relook at GHuggins suggestions on injection timing, etc. I tail-gated on his injection timing and O2 recommendations he made to others and really tamed down my idle. Up until doing that my bucking was so bad at times that I reduced the first 3 rows of the Eq Ratio table just to be able to drive in traffic or a parking lot.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...elow-commanded

Tuner
    I used to have that problem on my 2010 Camaro too, but don't have all that radical of a cam (LS9). I think all you need to do is bump up the values under
    Engine Diag -> Revolution Mode -> Normal

I cheated and set them to the max, but as smooth as the car is now, I could probably set them back to stock values.