Thread: 2009 cobalt ss tuning issue

Potential Tuner

2009 cobalt ss tuning issue

Hi everyone. So i need some help troubleshooting this problem/headache

Tonight i was in the process of flashing a GM Stage 1 file onto my pcm .

To start off here is what steps we took.

-We first connected the car via obd2 port and opened HP tuners editor.
    - we then did the pcm read and bought the license for the car.
    -we then pulled the current tune off of the pcm and saved it.
    -after that we downloaded the new tune off of my email and began writing it to the pcm. It took a few minutes to do so and said it was complete, however the info screen on the gauge cluster was blinking the following service warnings and the check engine light was strobning really fast.
    Service airbag, service esc, service traction etc. also the coolant was at -40 deg and the low fuel warning was on.

We then tried to write the original tune back onto the pcm, but when i open it and click write, the cable status says connected for a few seconds, then goes back to disconnected and its tells me to re connect cable to vcm and make sure key is in the on position.

We even purchsed 2 more credits and tried to up load the original tune several times. And it still would not work and the car would not start.
    After doing some searching i went into settings and deleted the suite cfg and restarted hpt and entered the aplication key and it still would not connect or start.

Am i doing something wrong? Battery voltage is good and healthy and everything is working. My power outlet and obd port both have power so i know thats not the roblem

I could really use some helo troubleshooting this and getting the problem all sorted out. This is my daily driver and i need it to commute back and forth to work.

Thanks, dylan
    Last edited by Spoolbus09; 09-04-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    There is no troubleshooting.
    You cannot flash another person's tune file directly into your ecu. You must copy and paste the data from your desired tune into a second saved copy of your original file.

Your ecu is a door stop. You need to order a new one and have it flashed by the dealer to make the vin match the vin in the bcm. When the engine vin and bcm vin don't match the can't won't start because the bcm doesn't allow it.