Thread: 04 cts-v ms3 cam long tube heads cold air intake trouble with tune from a shop

Potential Tuner

04 cts-v ms3 cam long tube heads cold air intake trouble with tune from a shop

I have a 2004 ctsv that I have a ms3 cam, k and n intake, pacesetter long tube headers without cats, and magnaflow exhaust. I installed all parts and have hp tuners and was able to tune car enough to drive to a shop near me to have tuned and dyno tuned long story short car made 384 to the tires on a mustang dyno and was told car was ready to pick up... car drove terribly and said to them it runs worse then when I tuned it to bring it here etc. so left it with them and they said they would straighten it out and they didnt but I then got in direct contact with the guy tuning it and he wanted to make it right so went to his house did some logs got it running alot better but by no means perfect and said we can keep working on it here and there. but I dont have much time to keep driving out to him (30min drive) and keep having him argue that some of the issues are never going to be fixed like hesitating,surging,etc. but want to see if you guys can look over the tune on the car and give me pointers on what to try to correct some issues

the main issues im having are idle recovery,hesitation when letting the clutch out low rpm it feels like it will fall on its face unless gently slipping clutch out at 2k rpms or more,wont start with ac on hot or cold,surging/bucking in all gears under 2200rpm and under acceleration breaks up but wasnt doing it when we were logging but does it all the time now and pops a bit when it does it. I dont have the logs as they are on the other guys computer but this is the file on the car
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Just wanted to see if anyone had input on the tune I posted

Potential Tuner
    new update been on vacation and then worked all last week didnt drive the car till last night and drove it for about an hour got stuck in some traffic and it started running terribly wile idleing in traffic it now shutters thru all rpms and pops really bad thru exhaust even wile idleing it sounds just like fireworks in the exhaust. any input would be helpful

Tuner in Training
    MS3 cam isn't exactly a daily driver cam. Only so much driveabilty your gonna get out of it.

Tuner in Training
    After looking at your tune why has so much timing been pulled out on the bottom? It looks like you would be around 8* of timing at idle. I run 22* at idle for a smoother idle.

Potential Tuner
    Im not sure i didnt want to mess with it until someone else has looked it over but that does make alot of sense i will try adding timing but as of now plugs are completely fouled out and undrivable because the popping it is doing will swap them and post back thanks so much for your input