Thread: SCJ Monoblade TB

SCJ Monoblade TB

Ok So I have been messing around with this dam tb for a month now if not longer trying to get this thing to idle right. I never could get it to idle right with torque based decal on. Eric and another tuner said to disabled torque based decal and use dashpot. So I copied all of the dashpot settings from the scj tune and the rpms no longer drop down to 300. Instead the idle goes surges from 8-1200rpm until I'm bellow 5mph or so then it stops and idles at 800rpm like it supposed to. Has anyone used dashpot settings before and know what I could change to get rid of the surge. Other then that the car drives great, just this dam idle is killing me, thanks.

Also on the log you can see where it's surging and when it does it says fuel cut, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

idle.hpl

Banned
    Could you post up your tune?

-Matt

I gave up on the dashpot settings because it ended up causing more hiccups then it fixed. Back to the idle dropping off and then surging a bit using the torque based decel.
    Last edited by redline5.0; 09-05-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Tuner
    Did you ever figure out your idle issue? If you were having a surge problem above 5mph (roughly about the time the dashpot settings come into effect), I would look into a mechanical problem (throttleblade being hung open, wiring, etc).
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Nope I gave up on it. The scj combo on top of after market cams was to much for me. Went back to my sct email tune.

I know it wasn't the case here, but I have heard of quite a few monolade throttlebodies being defective mechanically.

I did get the throttle body figured out but I never really know what I needed to do to make the cams work so stopped because I didn't want to fork anything yp.

What all did you end up copying from the SCJ tune to make the CJ Manifold and Monoblade behave?

Nobody seemed interested in my hp tuners when I had it up for sale so I decided to give her one more shot. Made another new tune from scratch last night and fired it up this morning and let it idle for 10 minutes and drove to work about 20 minutes and no surging. Have a slight rpm hang around 2k rpms I need to iron out but no more surge so far. I'll see how it goes after work today.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redline5.0 View Post
    Nobody seemed interested in my hp tuners when I had it up for sale so I decided to give her one more shot. Made another new tune from scratch last night and fired it up this morning and let it idle for 10 minutes and drove to work about 20 minutes and no surging. Have a slight rpm hang around 2k rpms I need to iron out but no more surge so far. I'll see how it goes after work today.
    Glad nobody wanted your HPtuners. LOL! You will figure it out. Just don't expect to figure it out overnight, or in a month, or a year. (The year was referring to myself)