Thread: Question?

Question?

If maf is the precise amount of air and sd is an accurate amount then why would someone delete maf?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevoscamaro View Post
    If maf is the precise amount of air and sd is an accurate amount then why would someone delete maf?
    Sd is technically more of an estimation.

Most delete MAF's when dealing with more aggressive combinations. The overlap and reversion wrecks havoc on cars with MAF's sometimes.

Some guys delete them because they want as few restrictions in the intake tract as possible. Is there a major power gain? Yes, no, and maybe!
    There are alot of other factors that come into play.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Then how would you pass inspection if you delete maf. From what I understand the maf codes must be enabled so the pcm will fall into sd. I think I got the cat delete/rear o2s figured out

Quote Originally Posted by Kevoscamaro View Post
    Then how would you pass inspection if you delete maf. From what I understand the maf codes must be enabled so the pcm will fall into sd. I think I got the cat delete/rear o2s figured out
    It depends on the state, city, county, or parish.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Texas, Fort Worth, Tarrant county. I asked guy at inspection station and he said I am allowed 1 fault code. He really didn't know anything about maf delete.

1 more question and I'll leave everyone alone for another couple days.

GMVE= CYLVOL*VE/R

what is R
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 09-03-2015 at 09:24 AM.

I figure keep extra file with maf still enabled to switch to come inspection time.