Thread: f body cut off at 5300rpm on speed density need help 454lsx blower

f body cut off at 5300rpm on speed density need help 454lsx blower

hi guys ,

i have this little probleme for other car but on this one it make me crazy .

the car is a nhra 2002 trans-am edition stock whit a ls1 . i swap a lsx 454 whit a novi 2000 blower , 165 pound injector , arh long tube , twin 3in exaust , 102 mm tb , fast intake and fuel rail , twin turbine fuel pump , 2 bar map .

i tune the car , it run great on speed density exept i got a stupid cut off at 5300rpm what ever the gear i am . i try all i know to get that cut off remove but no succes .

i also try to take the stock tune files and redone all the tune including the os for the 2 bar in speed density becose i was thinking my files could be corupted but is was the same probleme .

i take a look on the fuel presure on the dyno run and the presure is still ok . mecanicly evrything is ok .....

any idee what it could be ? i notice on the datalog that my engine tork is way off , i put 730wtq at 8-9 psi and almost 700whp on a load bearing dyno (land and sea) and only see 560engine tq on the scaner .

any idee where i can take a look ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    File is tunerlocked, you have to unlock and repost.

oups ill do it tomorow morning i do not have my hpt laptop whit me tonight . i also see the the dinamic air flow look to stay at 67.725lbs when appen .

Here the files unlocted

Senior Tuner
    under airflow, dynamic, high rpm disable set to 12800 and try again.

The engine torque pid is a calculation and estimation. I would not rely on it 100% or change my combo based on it. Its kind of like a ball park figure to get you in the right direction.

My question is, when you did the pulls on the dyno, was it cutting out at 5300 as well? I noticed your rpm limit is only 6000.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by POWERZONE View Post
    The engine torque pid is a calculation and estimation. I would not rely on it 100% or change my combo based on it. Its kind of like a ball park figure to get you in the right direction.

My question is, when you did the pulls on the dyno, was it cutting out at 5300 as well? I noticed your rpm limit is only 6000.
    he always cut at 5300rpm what ever the gear i am i can set the rpm limit att 9000 and he still cut at 5300rpm . i don't tune around the engine torque pid , i asking my self if it could be that causing the probleme because on the dyno i got more then 730 wtq .. ill put it back on the dyno to check the hiht rpm diseble at 12800 to see and i let you now guys

thanks

Senior Tuner
    That's a lot of displacement for a belt driven non-Roots
    blower. Are you sure you have the pulley ratio right for
    what you want? Too much ratio and you get lots of
    low-mid band torque but end up choking on inlet /
    outlet diameter before you get to higher RPM? Not
    familiar with the Novi 2000 but have seen some silliness
    trying to run a 6 liter, even, with a standard looking
    Powerdyne blower and its (what, 2"?) plumbing.

Not clear to me what "cut out" means here - breaking
    up, like fuel-cut rev limit, or just a soft "aint no more"
    that could be to do with airflow limitations. What does
    the MAP reading show, at the point of concern? Full
    boost and no more rev, or fading boost and -therefore-
    no more rev?

plumbing is a 3in , i am sure the trouble is not the plumbing or the boost i run only 9 psi , the car just stop in one shot at 5300 like a reve limiteuri if i want i can keep at 5200rpm , i will change the ecu maybe a corrupted files or fail ecu when i download a files or when i change the 0s for a 2 bar speed density . ill see thanks

hi guys , i still have my cut of probleme ,

ill change the ecc for a new one from gm , start whit the new stock tune files from the dealer to make sure i do not have a corupt files and i still have the same probleme ....

car cut at 5300rpm , i cut like no spark in one shot like a rev limiter set to 5300rpm and resume a 4000 .... you can take a look on the files and datal

piping is all in 3" , 102mm tb , fast intake , 125 lbs injector , twin turbine fuel pump , i can see on the fuel gauge is not a fuel cut our missing fuel the presure still the same ... and the car do this in all gear.

thanks

Tuner in Training
    Start up modifiers -> RPM

limit.JPG
    Last edited by Slow94Formula; 09-23-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow94Formula View Post
    Start up modifiers -> RPM

limit.JPG
    hi on the last files attached it was set to 6200rpm and resume at 6000 rpm

i ask my self if it could be the lingenfelter 24x to 58x conversion crank trigger could be in default ?

Tuner in Training
    The first screenshot still had the settings from my tune file showing on the table. That is why I edited my post.

Senior Tuner
    You are hitting the MAF hard airflow limit. Set Engine Diagnostics-Airflow-MAF Frequency Fail High to 0. Set Engine-Airflow-Dynamic-High RPM Disable to 12800. Use scanner to confirm you have at least one of Maf codes set(p0101, p0102, p0103) and DO NOT CLEAR!!!, then try your run again.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 09-23-2015 at 10:15 PM.

As stated, you need to make sure the MAF is in fail mode.

Too add, your PE/BE tables need some work. Look at your log and see that your are lean for a a couple of seconds even though your commanding 11.5. I suggest you decide which enrichment table you want to you use either PE or BE. I recommend using the BE.

Also I looked at your MAP and from what I can see or assume, 105KPA is a little low for 8-9lbs of boost. That is a little less than 1lb

I know you have switched stuff around and made changes and maybe got lost in the changes, but I don't see 8-9lbs of boost being made. 8-9lbs would be around 156 to 164KPA. Maybe my configuration is not picking it up.
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 09-24-2015 at 09:25 AM.
    [email protected]

As stated, you need to make sure the MAF is in fail mode.

Too add, your PE/BE tables need some work. Look at your log and see that your are lean for a a couple of seconds even though your commanding 11.5. I suggest you decide which enrichment table you want to you use either PE or BE. I recommend using the BE.

Also I looked at your MAP and from what I can see or assume, 105KPA is a little low for 8-9lbs of boost. That is a little less than 1lb

I know you have switched stuff around and made changes and maybe got lost in the changes, but I don't see 8-9lbs of boost being made. 8-9lbs would be around 156 to 164KPA. Maybe my configuration is not picking it up.

hi my map was set to 1 bar in my datalog that why , i got 180 kpa ..... but by the time today i found the stupid problem .... it was not in the tune , i decided to keep the feet on the floor and see what appen , the engine just go to 5300rpm then the cyl air mass just drop to .15-.20cyl and the rpm go to the rev limiter ....

i take a look on the installation kit and i remove the air filter kit and banggg the car rev to 6000rpm ... the air filter kit just get suck and no air can pass to the inlet of the supercharger ....

sometime we try to find so far when is a little thing

thanks for the help all you guys

Quote Originally Posted by tybob View Post
    hi my map was set to 1 bar in my datalog that why , i got 180 kpa ..... but by the time today i found the stupid problem .... it was not in the tune , i decided to keep the feet on the floor and see what appen , the engine just go to 5300rpm then the cyl air mass just drop to .15-.20cyl and the rpm go to the rev limiter ....

i take a look on the installation kit and i remove the air filter kit and banggg the car rev to 6000rpm ... the air filter kit just get suck and no air can pass to the inlet of the supercharger ....

sometime we try to find so far when is a little thing

thanks for the help all you guys
    Great, but you still need to fix those other things mentioned in this thread asap.
    [email protected]

Great, but you still need to fix those other things mentioned in this thread asap.

yeap is already fixe this after noon i will finish the ve table whit load on the dyno thanks for all the tips