Thread: lean idle, and rpm jumping up and down

Potential Tuner

lean idle, and rpm jumping up and down

its a 2 bar sd, ec-1794 map sensor, iron block ls1, 6.0 heads, 230/230 .600/.600 116lsa, 76mm turbo, seimans deka 80lb injectors. the idle jumps up and down afr goes from 14-22, also no matter how rich i try to make it it will not richin up, vacuum is aroundf 15 and the lean spot drops to 10. when i hit the throttle it has no response at all. ive been pulling my hiar out over this. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this, is there somthing i missed. thanks for anyones help!!!!

SDTAturbotune3.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow. that looks awesome on the log buddy. this is a simple fix. goto engine > spark > advance , and all the way down on the column on the left are the tables for idle over and under speed correction. from the factory this table gets progressively more aggressive the farther the engine gets away from target. with the oem cam this is the way to go. but for you, this is what it creates. you need to go into overspeed correction, and change everything from 25rpm and up to -2 and do the opposite for idle underspeed correction. 25rpm and under set it to just 2 degrees. as a matter of preference i like to leave one box at 0 on each table to give the iac a place to work without the timing moving around.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help but, that dident work. im out of ideas.

Potential Tuner
    i have to change to ve table to 130 at idling kpa for it to run stoich and then even then it will keep fluctuating up and down going super lean

Tuner in Training
    Check for a vacuum leak

Tuner in Training
    Also check fuel pressure as well

Senior Tuner
    Set p0101, 102, 103 to 0-mil on first error, your not failing into sd mode right now.

Potential Tuner
    Fuel pressure is good and i checked for vacuum leaks, however i noticed that i changed the min pulse and it started idling better, but it stall would stall when i hit the gas. then i changed it agian and it would start to rev slightly but this isint the right thing to fix it. so would you have an idea what could cause that. its like it isint getting any fuel at all with the throttle cracked. and i will fail those codes.