Thread: Ve tuneing

Tuner in Training

Ve tuneing

Is there a dumey downed place i can find out how to tune ve

I've used this before to help me, but note that some stuff might still be unknown to you if you arent completely up to speed with what the scanner and some of the tables mean and do.

http://michigansnowmobiler.com/hptun...ons%20rev2.pdf
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ive been reading a lot of stuff on here and tuneing wise it seans like there is a bunch of differnt ways to do it some say just tune the maf and some say tune the ve ive got it rung ok just driveing and idles fine in park but with the ac on or in gear it wants to die

HPtuners sells a course. tuning the right way. comes with books and dvd. This course will make a good tuner out of you. it does cost a pretty penny, but you won't regret it if you get it. It comes with these laminated cards that give you step by step tuning procedures for bolt ons, heads cam, or forced induction. each step has references to specific pages in the books. it is such a well laid out system, if followed step by step it will bring you to a good tune each and every time. even after 4 years, i still look to these books at times..

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the link verry helpful thanks

Tuner in Training
    Should i get it to idle in gear and ac on befor doing the ve and maf tuneing

Tuner in Training
    I was thinking about getting the books and tuning tips.from the tuneing school there 15 min down the road from me but its all most $500i cant beleave that hp dont give you any kind of starters i would be screwed if it was not for u guys
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I've used this before to help me, but note that some stuff might still be unknown to you if you arent completely up to speed with what the scanner and some of the tables mean and do.

Very helpful, thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNB View Post
    I was thinking about getting the books and tuning tips.from the tuneing school there 15 min down the road from me but its all most $500i cant beleave that hp dont give you any kind of starters i would be screwed if it was not for u guys
    Thanks
    I said the same thing when i bought it. $500 and no information on how to do anything. Amazing!!!

in time you will find that it is the best 449 you have ever spent.

oh wait you're talking about the hptuners itself you bought for 500. you bought the basic interface without the ability to plug in a wideband. you should have spent the extra 150 for the pro. now it will cost you 300 to upgrade. and without it, you have no way to tune for wide open throttle.

Advanced Tuner
    Wire it through the egr or the ac. Log wideband anytime you want.

^^^ This. Very helpful thread on doing that somewhere on here.
    1999 s10 blazer trailblazer edition nv3500 swap
    2006 GMC ccsb 4x4 duramax/allison

Tuner in Training
    i stoped at the tuneing school yesterday talked the the guy over there for about 1 hr ive learned in that one hr then ive have reading some of the stuff on line got there basic books and probley the thing I could have done sowe far the guys over there are a+ in my book

Advanced Tuner
    The guys at the tuning school are great. If you buy one of their courses you will get support from them for a period of time(can't remember how long)

The basic GM book goes into pretty good detail about the process. They recommend using LTFT to tune the VE table.

Tuner in Training
    Only problem im haveing is histagrams not desplaying right

Tuner in Training

Is there a guide like this for Gen 4?

No, but the same basics still apply even on a GEN 4 computer. Maybe a few more settings to touch and a different way of putting the changes in the VVE table but that's pretty much it. There are write ups in the VCM scanner section about working with the VVE.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No, but the same basics still apply even on a GEN 4 computer. Maybe a few more settings to touch and a different way of putting the changes in the VVE table but that's pretty much it. There are write ups in the VCM scanner section about working with the VVE.
    My main concern in the virtual VE tables in the gen4

Tuner in Training
    My main concern in the virtual VE tables in the gen4