Thread: Vats security

Tuner in Training

Vats security

Please help some freakin how my wife got the key stuck in the ignition last night. I had to wiggle and jiggle for ever to get the key out. Finally did. But this morning i try to go to work and my truck turns over but but wont start. I think security wont let it get gas. It is a 2002 2500hd silverado 8.1. can i get this thing bypassed some how with my hptuners.please help.

Potential Tuner
    Go to "Operating System" then in the General tab you will see VATS change to disable. You will have to use 2 credit if you have tuned this vehicle before. For older vehicles if may be under the "System" tab.

Tuner in Training
    So even if i have already tuned this truck i still have to spend two more credits just to disable vats?

Quote Originally Posted by jaysonpeyton View Post
    So even if i have already tuned this truck i still have to spend two more credits just to disable vats?
    I think he meant to say haven't. Don't quote me because I'm fairly new

Tuner in Training
    I hope so. ill know to night after work for sure. If not ignition replcement time

I hope so. ill know to night after work for sure. If not ignition replcement time
    That was my first thought. We all know how gm is with their ignition switches

Tuner in Training
    no. Just disable VATS and rewrite the tune. It will work fine. your security light might still be on, but the truck will run

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevoscamaro View Post
    I think he meant to say haven't. Don't quote me because I'm fairly new
    Your correct. I was typing to fast.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys that worked but i still changed ignition