Thread: Reduced Engine Power message, P1514

Tuner in Training

Reduced Engine Power message, P1514

Tune 22.hptsmp1.hpl

2min30 into the log is when she cut out.

Ive been running the car in time attack this season (5 track days) and its been doing it on and off for a while and gotten worse after the ported throttle body and intake.
    Now almost everytime it gets close to or hitting the revlimiter she goes into REP. And when I reset the code it fires right up and runs fine untill next time.

Ive read threads today about modifing the "Predicted Airflow Table" but have no idea where it is or what its suppose to be?

Car: C5Z06 with a LS3 swap, ported heads and cam, ported LS3 intake and ported LS2 throttle body.

Tune: Self by reading all the stickys on here, using HP Tuners Pro with a wide band. Maf delete with a IAT sensor in the intake.

Experience: Novice Tuner.

Please take alook at my file and log from this past weekend, and let me know where went wrong. I am sure I am missing something.

Any advice would be greately appreciated. We are running Mosport next weekend!

thanks in advance

nice. I've done a small handful of ls3 c5 swaps..

couldn't resist a chance to show off. i love my job. and the grey corvette is mine. i got a deal on the lsx376 because i got it through my job. Got a pic of your swap?

Set this table to 4.1 g/cyl, shown in red. See if it help's. You may have to click left on the thumbnails three times to get full view of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i couldn't help but notice you have maf failed at 0hz. you have maf calibration completely zero'd out. And yet under engine > airflow > dynamic in the column on the left you have high rpm disable set to 4,000rpm. this tells the ecu to rely on maf above 4krpm. you need to push this number to 6500 or 7k and make sure your ve table is dialed in with a histogram.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    nice. I've done a small handful of ls3 c5 swaps..

couldn't resist a chance to show off. i love my job. and the grey corvette is mine. i got a deal on the lsx376 because i got it through my job. Got a pic of your swap?
    very nice!

Heres one, I have to more upload

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    Set this table to 4.1 g/cyl, shown in red. See if it help's. You may have to click left on the thumbnails three times to get full view of it.
    Ahhh theres that table! Got it... ill try that thanks. And what if I multiply that section you highlighted with say 1.2 instead of making them all 4.1?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    i couldn't help but notice you have maf failed at 0hz. you have maf calibration completely zero'd out. And yet under engine > airflow > dynamic in the column on the left you have high rpm disable set to 4,000rpm. this tells the ecu to rely on maf above 4krpm. you need to push this number to 6500 or 7k and make sure your ve table is dialed in with a histogram.
    I thought I only had to zero out the maf for the ECU ignore it? Missed the high rpm disable

Thanks for the tip, ill do that right now. Do i have to redo the VE table again?

let me know how that works for you. and i do not know how you setup your ve table the first time.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 08-31-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Will do thank you.
    I used an AFR error histogram to dial in the VE table and had a lot of difficulty with part throttle tuning. Wot seemed not to bad...

do you think my VE table needs more work?

Edit.
    Also have a hard time driving around ghe paddock at slow speeds (under 1500rpm), she would hunt and stumble like crazy...
    I always thought it was just the cam?
    Maybe I could tune that out?
    Last edited by Z06VENOM; 09-01-2015 at 06:31 AM.

well, i don't know if the high rpm disable was always set to 4,000rpm then it only stands to logic that you have never tuned past that point of your ve table, no?

Tuner in Training
    Well with no maf and that table zeroed out (missed the high rpm disable ) I did try to tune the complete VE table as per all the stickies... but had a lot of difficulty to get the a/f spot on. WOT was not bad, it's the part throttle that always seemed to jump around a couple point.

Again, thanks very much for your input. Much appreciated 😉

Tuner in Training
    Update
    the car ran good yesterday! 1.30 on mosport in traffic and 155mph on the back straight!