Thread: Tips for JLT CAI for 2015 GT

Tuner

Tips for JLT CAI for 2015 GT

JLT CAI just showed up. Anyone have any tips? Car is a 2015 Mustang GT Auto.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Are you looking for a maf curve? If you cant find one I would start off by adding 32 percent and fine tuning from there.

best thing to do is sale it and put the stock intake back on. The JLT intake does not seal to the hood and sucks in hot air and hurts power more then the stock ram air true cold air intake does.
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.
    9.5 at 73 in the 1/8th on street tires

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smallblock500 View Post
    best thing to do is sale it and put the stock intake back on. The JLT intake does not seal to the hood and sucks in hot air and hurts power more then the stock ram air true cold air intake does.
    That's discouraging...

Advanced Tuner
    Your car will make more power with the JLT over the stock airbox. Sitting at a stop with the engine running will heat the intake up over stock because of no sealed airbox, but once you take off and start driving again, IATs should drop down within 10 degrees of ambient.

What sort of information are you looking for?

Kris

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    Your car will make more power with the JLT over the stock airbox. Sitting at a stop with the engine running will heat the intake up over stock because of no sealed airbox, but once you take off and start driving again, IATs should drop down within 10 degrees of ambient.

What sort of information are you looking for?

Kris
    Tuning the MAF. As much as I've read, I still don't feel like I adequately know how to do it. I'm not dumb, but it sure makes me feel dumb.

I increased my maf table by 50% and that worked great, haven't had to change it, fuel trims are great.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02GTP View Post
    I increased my maf table by 50% and that worked great, haven't had to change it, fuel trims are great.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by esacteksab View Post
    Thanks!
    Just so you know, thats the MAF period the one with (uS) units

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02GTP View Post
    Just so you know, thats the MAF period the one with (uS) units
    Engine -> Airflow -> MAF vs. Period? or is there somewhere else this goes?

Yes, thats the one.