Thread: 2015 Mustang GT Different Strategy/OSID Write?

Tuner

2015 Mustang GT Different Strategy/OSID Write?

I'm wanting to know if anyone was able to upload a different OSID tune file, successfully, to a 2015 Mustang GT using HP Tuners 2.25 beta.

Can this be done by taking someone else's stock file, but different OSID file and changing the VIN on the file somehow? Anything else to look out for?

Any How-To's that would point out how to do this with the new 2015 Mustang GT ECU?

I have a base 2015 Mustang GT with MT82.
    OSID: FPGM0KE

Any recommendations on what OSID to use?

I'm having an issue with some weird idle routines when the car is cold/cool, and the car also runs very inconsistent (almost like its on/off the throttle by itself, or majorly inconsistent torque management) when not up to full operating temperature.

The service department said everything is within spec and they didn't discover any mechanical issues that would cause this.

Back in the day, on the GM side of tuning, I discovered that different OSIDs may have had the same parameters, but the routine's that handled them were a little different, which would cause the car to run/act different even though the parameters were the same from file to file.
    Last edited by CarsonTech; 08-30-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Not sure about the 15's but I just did this with my 13 and I'm using a boss strategy. Your going to burn 4 credits doing that because you have to license the strat you want to use and then flash the tune. Then read the tune back and it should have your new strat and your vin in there then you have to license that file and can start tuning with it.

The latest Manual OS currently is the FPGP6 code from the 2016s.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Thanks guys.

I don't have my current VIN/OSID licensed...

Can I just find a file with an OSID for a 2015 North American manual Mustang GT, license it, and do a full write? Then do a read and license that file and I'm done?

Or do I need to license my current VIN/OSID, find another tune file with a differnt OSID and license it, do a full write, then read and license that file?

The first way seems to require 4 credits all together.
    The second way requires 6!

When I try flashing a different OSID to my 15 mustang it says the strategies are different and the Editor pauses and wont do the write procedure.
    But the strategy is compatible because one is strategy is my factory calibration, and the other is the Ford updated calibration which is the 2016 strategy. I work for a Ford dealer, and when I go to do the As-Built data to put the old calibration on the car, even the IDS software pulls the new 2016 calibration and there is nothing I can do about that. I need the old calibration back on the car, because I have a very special car that was tuned with a Roush blower and a VMP throttle body and uploaded with an SCT, and the SCT will not load the tune back to the car with the different strategy either. Is there a way around this with the HPT equipment? I know the car will let me try, but will it screw up the pcm?
    Last edited by stanton8980; 09-01-2015 at 07:00 AM.
    Xaptured Innovations

2015 Ford Mustang
    Roush TVS SC
    VMP Twin 67mm TB
    ID1000 Injectors
    82mm SC Pulley
    GM IAT in manifold
    Blowfish Shifter Mount
    and all the suspension and driveline stiffening!