Thread: Tuning for fuel economy

Tuning for fuel economy

My searches have revealed two items that are useful for better fuel economy; DFCO and lean cruise. I've found DFCO and started experimenting with that, but under the COT/lean cruise tabs I see nothing for lean cruise, is this a feature not available or advisable on the coyote? I'm using VCM 2.25 on a 2012 5.0 F150.

Upon further reading, it seems cam timing on the coyote plays a critical rule for fuel economy. Has anyone tuned the Coyote specifically for fuel economy on the HWY and can give me helpful hints?

This is my first time tuning my own EFI vehicle, but on carb vehicles I tuned for maximum vacuum at cruise, could I apply the same concept for this engine?

Thanks.

I'm having trouble getting DFCO fuel cut to take affect. I have the DFCO enable normal: Enable RPM set to 1,100, Disable to 1,000 rpm. I believe the issue is the RPM limits: Cutoff RPM can't be set below 2,000 rpm which I'm almost never above while decelerating. I change Deceleration Fuel cutoff: Enable Max load changed to 0.30 so it's above the .22-.25 load I see while decelerating.

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work on the coyote?

I wanted to update this. Fuel cut works now. I updated to the latest beta and changed my speedo calibration and now it works like it did on my dyno tune.