Thread: 06 F-150, 230HP at 15PSI! Any suggestions?

Tuner

06 F-150, 230HP at 15PSI! Any suggestions?

Hey guys, finally got my F-150 on the Dyno tonight. Truck drives great, but as soon as you get into boost it pretty much falls on it's face. Makes about the same or less power then a stock F-150. I have the tune included, i'm guessing that i'm over looking something. What would cause it to just go nowhere!? It doesn't seem mechanical since it honestly drives so good out of boost just makes no power.
    2006 F-150, Vortch S-trim, GT500 60lb/hr Injectors, 0 heat rang plugs (Stock were 2). 5,4L 3V motor all stock internally.

Dyno Info.
    ~15psi
    SAE Timing said 14deg
    AFR's were 10.8-11.3 through the pulls
    93 pump gas
    IAT's were 190def F (I know they are up there)
    Throttle angle said 82deg through the pulls

Anything stand out as to why it would be down so much power? It didn't ping etc either, starts and drives great otherwise. Just stumped....
    Thoughts?

8-29-15 Dyno.hpt

Do you have a datalog we can look through?

-Matt
    There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

I would dial in the maf better ,if you look at the curve its really jacked up, should be a nice smooth curve.....make sure injector values are correct for fuel pressure your running first.

Check and see how much timing is being removed with those IAT temps.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Saw this on sloppy mechanics, it like doesnt even respond to the boost at all it seems.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Yup, were actually thinking that the truck has clogged Cats. I did flatten out the MAF curve after the dyno, we kept tossing fuel at it to try and see if it would change but it was really starting to act funny up top. Tester is on the way for the Cats so we'll start there.

Stupid on my part but I was so pissed I just closed the logger without saving. AFR's were pretty stable but once it started to get closer to the top of the run it would just start to lean out no matter what. Which is why in that tune it hits a ledge, we just started tossing fuel in it to see if it would change but it pretty much stayed the same. Which is why I have a feeling it's something else.

I'll keep you guys posed on the test results this week! Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Tuner in Training
    I was about to mention cats. Also, check your IMRC's and the settings. If they haven't been removed and you shut them off in the tune, they will be shut all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbofox View Post
    AFR's were pretty stable but once it started to get closer to the top of the run it would just start to lean out no matter what. Which is why in that tune it hits a ledge, we just started tossing fuel in it to see if it would change but it pretty much stayed the same. Which is why I have a feeling it's something else.
    Try raising your max inferred map value higher.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin@JPCRacing View Post
    I was about to mention cats. Also, check your IMRC's and the settings. If they haven't been removed and you shut them off in the tune, they will be shut all the time.
    I did notice they were disabled. So I re-enabled them last night. I didn't see any settings for them other than on/off though.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Try raising your max inferred map value higher.
    I'll give that a shot as well!

Tuner
    Does anything seem off with the Cam timing? Or do the values that are in there seem to make sense? They should still be the stock truck settings. Which I would think would be ok. Unless with adding boost they need to be adjusted?