Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strategy...Differences, Complaints, Suggestion

So to further back up this thread. I started tuning my roush tvs coyote recently. from the start i had throttle oscillation issues. NOTHING i did helped. adjust torque tables. nothing. driver demand would just move it earlier or later in the throttle. today i licensed a file that txcharlie posted from a roush m6 car and i copied over my current file at the time and problem solved. I'm gonna drive it some more and get confidence back in the car before i report 100% victory but i think its safe to say its gone.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    I know of tuners that use SCT and have the same issues. Copy tune into strategy A and it runs like crap. Copy same tune into strategy B and it runs great. These issues were happening with the first GT500's being tuned, so it's nothing new.

These strategies are considered, the most reliable, by the gurus:
    DZW3 = 2013 Boss
    VKU1 = 2012 Boss
    FPDW252 = 2011-12 Roush
    FPFR056 = 2013-14 Roush
    FSD5YAR = 2011-12 Auto ProCal
    MGSPAA7 = 2013-14 Auto ProCal
    FPDX0A8 = Ford Racing GT500 (Stock TB)
    FGDX2S6 = Ford Racing GT500 (Twin 65mm TB)
    XAX40_SCCJ_13 = Ford Racing SCJ (Mono Blade TB)
    If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing strategy swaps with HPtuners? It's fairly easy with sct, but my understanding HP goes off of vin and os only or am I completely wrong here? Are you just doing OS swaps and is this even supported on Ford platforms - mostly tune GM's with HP.....
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing strategy swaps with HPtuners? It's fairly easy with sct, but my understanding HP goes off of vin and os only or am I completely wrong here? Are you just doing OS swaps and is this even supported on Ford platforms - mostly tune GM's with HP.....
    You have to license the file which you want to put into the PCM (to change strategy) then WRITE it to the PCM.

Then, READ the file back from the PCM which will now have YOUR VIN linked to it with the new strategy.

You then have to license the file you just READ back from the PCM and then tune with that file.

Eats up 6 credits in total from beginning to end.

Hopefully one day in the future there will be a way around the licensing cost to change strategies.
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

Quote Originally Posted by TunedByNishan View Post
    You have to license the file which you want to put into the PCM (to change strategy) then WRITE it to the PCM.

Then, READ the file back from the PCM which will now have YOUR VIN linked to it with the new strategy.

You then have to license the file you just READ back from the PCM and then tune with that file.

Eats up 6 credits in total from beginning to end.

Hopefully one day in the future there will be a way around the licensing cost to change strategies.
    Isn't that 4 credits?

Quote Originally Posted by thegraystang View Post
    Isn't that 4 credits?
    2 for original tune
    2 for new strategy
    2 to edit new strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    2 for original tune
    2 for new strategy
    2 to edit new strategy
    ah right. unless you're me then you're out 10 credits lol.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    I know of tuners that use SCT and have the same issues. Copy tune into strategy A and it runs like crap. Copy same tune into strategy B and it runs great. These issues were happening with the first GT500's being tuned, so it's nothing new.

These strategies are considered, the most reliable, by the gurus:
    DZW3 = 2013 Boss
    VKU1 = 2012 Boss
    FPDW252 = 2011-12 Roush
    FPFR056 = 2013-14 Roush
    FSD5YAR = 2011-12 Auto ProCal
    MGSPAA7 = 2013-14 Auto ProCal
    FPDX0A8 = Ford Racing GT500 (Stock TB)
    FGDX2S6 = Ford Racing GT500 (Twin 65mm TB)
    XAX40_SCCJ_13 = Ford Racing SCJ (Mono Blade TB)

For anyone wondering what the strategy ID's are for the Boss 302 Box codes, they are as follows:

2012 Boss - DZW3 - FPRD1F5

2013 Boss - VKU1 - FPRH2F4
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

what benifit do i have to run a boss strategy on a GT ?

Advanced Tuner
    There's not really a benefit IMO. If it has the two key option maybe. Most Boss strategies I've seen are small or have less parameters but really they include everything necessary. Just because it's a "boss" strategy doesn't man you can't tune a bettter file for you setup on your strategy.
    I'm running a 14 strategy on my 12. The 14 strategy has so many more parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    There's not really a benefit IMO. If it has the two key option maybe. Most Boss strategies I've seen are small or have less parameters but really they include everything necessary. Just because it's a "boss" strategy doesn't man you can't tune a bettter file for you setup on your strategy.
    I'm running a 14 strategy on my 12. The 14 strategy has so many more parameters.
    manual or auto strategy ?

The benefit to the Boss strategy was that it had updated code that allowed for more RPM. Our patch fixes this, and allows for more RPM than even the Boss strategy did. So there really is no benefit.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC