Thread: 4l60e Shifting

Potential Tuner

4l60e Shifting

I know this may be a long shot but...

I have swapped a gen3 LS with a 4l60E into a RX8. I built a VPW to CAN converter to get the stock gauges working and it is working well.
    But the RX8 was also an auto and has the paddle shifter on the steering wheel.

Since I already have a microcontroller on the VPW bus I want to connect 2 inputs from the paddle shifter and command the 4l60e to shift/hold gears.

I can do this with the VCM scanner already so I know it can be done over the VPW bus.

Does anyone know what PID's I need to send data too for this to happen? Or any way to point me in the right direction? Is there a special mode the PCM is put in to for the gears to shift/hold?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Maybe tow/haul?

Tuner in Training
    tow/haul mode only changes the duration the trans holds a gear vs load level for hill climbing and acceleration to cruising speed.

it doesn't change whether or not the trans will hold a gear based on computer control.
    You would be best setup to look into the paddle controls for the 4L80e by one company I cant remember the name of.
    That particular controller bolts behind the steering wheel and has paddles to control the transmission.

As far as how it is done, I have no clue. Something in the control module itself is built that way.

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/shifters/paddlehtml