Thread: KR on LD9 conversion on 2.2 S10

Potential Tuner

KR on LD9 conversion on 2.2 S10

To start off I built a turbo kit for my 2.2 s10. I also have completed the ld9 reflash and have wired up the cavalier knock sensor.

I am getting knock as soon as i breach 110 kpa. I have dialed the spark tables pe and ve pretty heavily back. But knock is still occurring pretty heavily.

The LD9 flash is pretty darn simple, also similar to megasquirt tuning.. when I did that a few years ago. So I don't really know where to start other than pulling timing.

Advice?

I added my last config and last scan run.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I just re-downloaded the original ld9 tune. I am thinking of trying those spark tables tomorrow. Just comparing them to the last re cal I did shows that the tables maybe were corrupt on the reflash. i mean last time i checked all my pe tables were 26 degrees timing flat across the board.

Potential Tuner
    Update. So after doing some searching on the j-body forum where the ecu swaps are more common. Most stated that the knock sensor is super sensitive. Since I am not running a cavalier engine. The knock sensor is placed somewhere in the block where it fits. This ended up being very near the transmission and oil pump shaft.

Based on this post http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...02&t=25702&p=1 the tuners were massively reducing the "Knock Fast Attack Rate vs. RPM" After following suite by 25% reduction I can actually drive in boost.

Now I feel like I need to reduce the "Knock Fast Attack Rate vs. RPM" even more. Since as soon as the truck knocks as soon as it is in boost. IS that SAFE? I am running no more than 10 degrees of timing at 160 kpa or less.

I am also going to relocate the knock sensor as soon as I order the thread spacer thing where I can put a M8 into a M12 hole.
    "Outside = 12mm x 1.25
    Inside = 8mm x 1.25

You can order inserts from http://mscdirect.com part number 82496860 @ $4.05 for carbon steel or 02232361 @ $13.71 for stainless + shipping of course..."

Other info.
    Fully Built block. Stock Compression. High Flow ported head. 1+mm oversized valves. high rev valve train. Home built turbo pipes. LC1 wide band.