Thread: am i doing this right

am i doing this right

any info will help as this is my first log. stupid laptop shut off half way thru even tho it was open the hole time
    Attached Files Attached Files

I thought the afr was jumping all over the place. I guess that's normal. I just wanted sum1 to look and say yea that's a good place to start or hey those left look outta wack or anything.

I'm going to attempt sd tuning but before I mess anything else up I need a little verification on a couple things. In the hp help section under sd tuning with wb it says

Under Power Enrichment set the EQ ratio vs. RPM to your desired a/f across the board. This will keep your engine safe & make for one less step once you go back into closed loop.

It should look like this

And then it shows the pe chart set to 1.130-1.155

my question is why is it 1.130 and not 14.7 or lambda 1?
    I'm not sure what value I should insert in this part of my equation.
    Or am I not comprehending a/f?

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...to_user_sd.htm
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 08-29-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Is this a typo ? Under update hpt file
    I don't quite understand what I'm trying to do here.
    3. Open your pre-configured AFR error % histogram & set cell (! his!) required to 50, click average & load all data.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...to_user_sd.htm

the number you are looking at is the result of 14.7 / your target afr. The same math can be used to determine what your commanded pe afr is. 14.7 / 1.13 = 13:1 commanded afr under pe. And 1.155 would be 12.72:1 afr. sounds like an n/a motor right there bud. if your boosting you need to get that closer to 11's. maybe low 12's if you know you got a good tune and are running really low boost(5-7psi).

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    the number you are looking at is the result of 14.7 / your target afr. The same math can be used to determine what your commanded pe afr is. 14.7 / 1.13 = 13:1 commanded afr under pe. And 1.155 would be 12.72:1 afr. sounds like an n/a motor right there bud. if your boosting you need to get that closer to 11's. maybe low 12's if you know you got a good tune and are running really low boost(5-7psi).
    You just taught me more in 2 minutes of typing then I taught myself in 5 days. I thought it was in lambda but I knew it would be way to lean. I knew it was something real easy because no one would reply. Sorry for the stupid questions.

if you have the extra change to spare, hptuners sells an at home course "tuning the right way" for gm vehicles. it is pricey, but it will make you a very good tuner. it will teach you how to use the vcm scanner properly, how to configure and use histograms to accurately tune your ve tables, maf sensor calibration and other stuff. the knowledge in this set of books is priceless. it also comes with a dvd. and if not, then keep on asking questions and someone will eventually provide you the answer you need.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    if you have the extra change to spare, hptuners sells an at home course "tuning the right way" for gm vehicles. it is pricey, but it will make you a very good tuner. it will teach you how to use the vcm scanner properly, how to configure and use histograms to accurately tune your ve tables, maf sensor calibration and other stuff. the knowledge in this set of books is priceless. it also comes with a dvd. and if not, then keep on asking questions and someone will eventually provide you the answer you need.
    Does anyone have the hptuners at home course they would like to sell? Brand new is out of my price range right now.

Put it on paypal credit. it's worth 3 times what they charge for it..