Thread: going lean when accelerating.

Tuner

going lean when accelerating.

ben along time since I've done any tuning. basically while cruising, when I accelerate, it will go around 8-10% adding via the stft. not much in the repository for corvettes.

2000 corvette
    bbk cai
    stock maf, tb, and ls1 intake
    yella terra 1.7 rockers
    bbk shorty headers
    cats with x-pipe
    stock mufflers w/bypass
    2.73 gears auto w/ stock converter
    stock cam.

been doing logs driving back and forth to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm kinda scratching my head to think of what might be an issue or what you think might be a problem?

STFT will always bounce up and down depending on throttle input. I'm sure the intake and shorty headers are throwing things off slightly but it's not something that I would consider a huge problem here. I don't see the LTFT being a problem nor does it knock while cruising around.

A wideband would still show anywhere from 14.3 to 15.2 atleast as it boucnes around while you are just bumming around.

If it was me, I would do a MAF and VE tune to help make sure things are in order with the headers and intake. Once that is all done, then see what it's like driving around.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I have been doing ve tuning. But i left ltft on. I'll be doing another log today with them turned off and see what happens.

Tuner
    this is a stock calibration other than transmission tuning done by someone else before i bought the car. And me messing with the ve table. Car has 120k on it now. I just know that if you are on the lean side before going into pe mode, then you stay somewhat lean throughout the run.

I think like a carburetor in this situation. The accelerator pump is there to add fuel as you add throttle. Seems as if the reaction to accelerator pedal input isn't enough

Tuner
    went back to my pre ve tuning file and did some logging with ltft turned off.

here are the results. added my config file I used as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    went back to my pre ve tuning file and did some logging with ltft turned off.

here are the results. added my config file I used as well.
    sent you a pm