Thread: LNF Limp mode problem!!! Please Help!

Potential Tuner

LNF Limp mode problem!!! Please Help!

I have been tuning a 2009 cobalt ss. The issue that I am running into now is that while the customer drives on the street he makes the car go into limp mode. I drive the car and can not get it to reproduce the same problem. I dyno tuned the car and made 327whp/372wtq on a dynocom dyno. The car never had an issue while dyno tuning but driving on the street the car will go into limp mode after had acceleration. I have tried to reproduce and have had no luck. from light throttle to WOT and every way in between I have no issues. Is there something I am missing on the tune? Located in Charleston sc. so if you look at the map and see something weird we are actually below sea level here. so a map sensor reads .6 to .8 normally without car running.

Car has k&n intake, and turbo back exhaust, and turbosmart bpv

The car had a stage 1 tune on it before it came to me for tuning
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TunedbyPRD; 08-24-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Stock MAP sensors or 3 bar MAP sensors? Are there any codes read when you connect the scanner and read the DTC's?

Potential Tuner
    p0238

Potential Tuner
    and its a 3 bar map sensor

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    in the 1st and high gears 4th/5th the loading of the engine can cause spikes and one of those is probably causing the sensor to cap.
    did you test every gear and a burnout for overboost?
    factory harness connectors have backed out on a few people before but circuit failure code for that issue is normally circuit fail low.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 08-24-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    If it has the crimp on connections at the MAP sensors, solder them. They could be causing the problem if the connection isn't perfect. If they are already soldered, try adjusting your MAP sensor ranges as shown in post #39 here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ibration/page2

and set your Enable RPM to 10,200