Thread: How to have a lopey idle LNF

Potential Tuner

How to have a lopey idle LNF

Is it possible as shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWXFKYKS0jw
    Need a little bit more to scare them besides just E

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    2 days is long enough... i was waiting to see if anyone else new has been testing the idle tables but no input here i guess.

there are a few things associated with this:
    1) the cams at idle cannot be moved into an aggressive over lap like in the video you posted (which was mine) without throwing a check engine light and multi cylinder misfire code.
    2) disabling the misfire codes caused my car to no start so there was no way around that.
    3) you cannot control the sensitivity or parameters to control when misfire codes are set.
    therefore off of those 3 statements, no you cannot achieve that idle without issues. even if you swap to a more aggressive camshaft, you can only go so big before throwing a check engine light (iirc its something like .035" off the base circle or more and it will throw a code)

4) if you run a full track exhaust (straight pipe or side exit no muffler/no cat) then you can kinda get the result i had.
    with the race exhaust letting every tone change just pass straight through you could halve the values required to get my exhaust note and achieve a very slight idle lope.
    5) to get good idle quality and control after shifting the cams you will be in about 4 separate tables to rope the idle in to a smooth transition with the main tables, and keep the over speed settings from slaughtering your idle settings.

it can kinda be done but its a huge pain in the rear to make functional.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman