Thread: Random lean spikes during boost at lower rpm

Random lean spikes during boost at lower rpm

So I'm hoping someone has some wisdom for me here. Was trying to dial in my MAF tonight after doing the "manifold switch" patch. My problem is that I keep encountering random lean spikes on the wideband. Typically, they're only one time per pull (3rd gear -- ~1800-6600 rpm), and usually around 3000-3500 rpm. Makes dialing in the MAF really tough in that region. It'll go from ~.75 lambda to .85 lambda or so when it happens, then the rest of the pull to redline is super smooth and my commanded vs. actual lambda are spot on.

This is on a '13 LS3 Corvette with a Magnuson Heartbeat @ 10.5 psi, headers, and ID850s, for what it's worth. I usually run methanol injection, but it was turned off and 10 degrees of max timing dialed in for this MAF tuning to keep things safe. My first thought on the spikes was that they could be misfires, but I didn't log any under my "total misfires" PID when the spikes were present. The spikes show up on the narrow bands as well, so it's not the wideband.

Any suggestions?

Tuning Addict
    Think the ID850's have this weird problem, but no one is really sure why. Imagine something in the data is off for them? It's always a set amount of time after entering PE. There's a big investigation on here somewhere as to what causes it, but unsure if anyone ever came up with an answer?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Thanks. Yeah, I think I just saw that thread. Though now I'm not so sure it isn't a misfire. screenshot.png

Post your tune and the log.
    1968 Bel Air Wagon
    L92/6L80E

funny you bring this up... right after I applied the patch I started seeing this as well for the first 3-4 wot pulls but then it went away. but its limited to one single RPM (3500rpm). I have a bench simulator and I noticed setting the "supercharger fitted" option seems to do the same thing as "manifold patch" regarding injector delta.. but im wondering if just switching the Supercharger option yes will show the same problem... maybe the patch is intended for os without the supercharger fitted option?

Stock LS3 with Whipple injectors and whipple At 9psi. I assumed at first is was just my crappy 10% reduction in fueling blend job that I did when fist applying the patch... guess not?
    Last edited by 10_SS; 08-28-2015 at 09:02 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires