Thread: Torque Control Spark Reduction

Advanced Tuner

Torque Control Spark Reduction

Did a log today and noticed this weird spark drop. It shows spark source as Torque Control, but I was cruising along with 2-3% throttle. Why would it switch to torque control under those conditions?

Here's a screen shot.

Screenshot (2).png

Advanced Tuner
    No one has seen this?

Advanced Tuner
    This is due to tip in spark control, I believe. Will play with it later to make sure.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^yup tip in...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    I do get some tip in retard that cause my timing to jump around. Thats the only torque management intervention that I can't resolve right now on my 2015 Mustang GT. How do you get rid of that?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by STEPH93LX View Post
    I do get some tip in retard that cause my timing to jump around. Thats the only torque management intervention that I can't resolve right now on my 2015 Mustang GT. How do you get rid of that?
    Engine>Torque Management>General>Spark Only Torque Ratio. Put a 1 next to the mode you want to disable.

Tuner in Training
    Thankls!

I will try to put tipin osc and tipin limit to 1

Tuner in Training
    I just did some testing and I cannot get rid of the torque source 13 so timing is still jumping around. On the datalog as soon as the torque source read 13 de spark timing is reduce and jumpy , when torque source comme back to 0 timing is back to where it is suppose to be and no more jumping. If I use a tune thats is less agresive like a tune like a sct strtegie tune where timing is ad smoothly I got smoth incremental timing and far less torque source 13. Seem like it worse in first and second gear when tire is spining and on shift since the tire chirp again since I am powershifting. I even try the value of the 2011 Mustang since they are more than 0 like it is for the 2015 but it is not working.

One thing to note , I had to put tip in osc to 0.9 because when I put 1 for wathever reason on wot the car is way lean more toward stoick than the supposed wot target, dangerous!!!! Even at 0.9 instead of 0 like stock I stil get the timing jumping around.

Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Since those parameters were for spark only, I don't understand how it is effecting fueling. You could try disabling the Torque Module Switch, temporarily, to see if you are in the right area to correct the issue. I would not leave it off permanently.
    I was passing on the info that I received to correct my issue, but my car is a 2014 and it may not work the same in the 2015. Maybe someone with a 2015 can chime in and offer a better solution.

The 11-14 strategies have an oscillation switch under Torque Management. I'm guessing the 15s don't?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    The 11-14 strategies have an oscillation switch under Torque Management. I'm guessing the 15s don't?
    No they don't. I will check on that subject with Eric and will post the result. I really need to get rid of that!!!

Advanced Tuner
    This is Spark Only Torque Ratio on a 15

Screenshot (6).png

There is a TipIn OSC. What does oscillation torque management do?

This is the same Spark Only Torque Ratio on my 14

Screenshot (7).png
    Last edited by txcharlie; 08-31-2015 at 04:29 PM.

In your second screenshot, in the background behind the table...far left second from the top. I never messed with it on my personal vehicle as autos seem to have that switch disabled stock.

Tuner in Training
    In your second screenshot, in the background behind the table...far left second from the top. I never messed with it on my personal vehicle as autos seem to have that switch disabled stock.
    I would like to disable this module on my 2015 GT M6 but for now I don't have access. There is also the spark torque reduction limit that can help my oscillation spark reduction problem. I hope Eric can add those parameter that are there for the 2011-2014
    Last edited by STEPH93LX; 08-31-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    This is Spark Only Torque Ratio on a 15

Screenshot (6).png

There is a TipIn OSC. What does oscillation torque management do?

This is the same Spark Only Torque Ratio on my 14

Screenshot (7).png
    I play with those and I still have the torque 13 spark reduction. I need access to spark torque reduction limit and to be able to disable only the oscillation switch. Disabling completely the torque module cause all sorts of drivability issue and is not a option for me

Potential Tuner
    Eric helped me with this.

Under Electronic Throttle>Misc you'll find Shuffle Switch. Set that to disabled and no more Torque Source 13.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac@Latemodel View Post
    Eric helped me with this.

Under Electronic Throttle>Misc you'll find Shuffle Switch. Set that to disabled and no more Torque Source 13.
    Thanks! I will check that but my problem is not airflow/etc related but spark/oscillation related.

I also cant get rid of torqe tipin limits in 15. I get often even in steady driving tipin detonation, i dont know whats the number. But this one is limiting throttle also.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl