Thread: Audio missing on playback

Tuner

Audio missing on playback

Hi,

I'm getting ready to participate in my first HPDE next week, and I'm excited to have TrackAddict be part of it. I have a SkyPro XGPS160 and a GoPoint BT1 to use in conjunction with my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB. I'm looking forward to putting together some great race videos with RaceRender afterward.

To make sure everything works, I've been recording some street driving with this setup. It's been working great, but today I recorded something with headphones (no mic) connected to my phone, and now none of my sessions play back with audio. My device volume is turned up. I've gone back and replayed several old sessions that used to have audio, and now there's nothing. I've tried exiting the app with the Home button, killing it by swiping it away on the Recent Tasks view, and restarting the entire phone -- nothing seems to fix it.

Other apps (Music, Downcast) play audio through both the speaker and the headphones just fine. If I render the video and then pull it up from Photos, the audio is present. I am just getting no audio when I play back a clip from inside TrackAddict.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tuner
    Interestingly, this problem has gone away. Audio now plays just fine. I don't think I changed anything, but I didn't use TrackAddict for a couple days.

Occasionally, people report this issue where there's no audio on videos played within the app... To my knowledge, all of the cases so far had been related to something with the phone itself, such as headphones plugged in, a bluetooth audio device, volume setting, mute switch, another app using the audio at the time, etc.

Tuner
    Thanks. I checked most of those. I don't own any BlueTooth audio devices. It could have been the Ring/Silent switch (note -- it's not a mute switch and should not affect in-app audio); I've seen that bug in other apps and I wish I had thought to try it. I'm guessing it's an OS-level bug though.