Thread: MAF sensor

MAF sensor

I have a pretty built 6.0l that is supercharged and has all the bells and whistles and I just had to upgrade injectors for the 3rd time to 100lb/hr and my mass air flow sensor is maxing out and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions to what sensor to use? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    2 or 3 bar map i was talking to the guys at the tuneing school about boost and thay wore telling me its the only way to go with boost maf will not read pos psi

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddtadd View Post
    I have a pretty built 6.0l that is supercharged and has all the bells and whistles and I just had to upgrade injectors for the 3rd time to 100lb/hr and my mass air flow sensor is maxing out and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions to what sensor to use? Thanks
    Pigtail with ls3 MAF. Put it in the biggest tube that will fit under your hood.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNB View Post
    2 or 3 bar map i was talking to the guys at the tuneing school about boost and thay wore telling me its the only way to go with boost maf will not read pos psi
    Not sure what that means but a MAF doesn't read pressure, it reads air density which is equated to airflow. The Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (MAP) measures pressure and yes, the stock value is limited to a tad over 1 Bar. You can tune low boost applications with a single bar map/OS, but 2-3 bar does provide increased granularity.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]