Thread: HPTuners pro...anything else?

Potential Tuner

HPTuners pro...anything else?

Whats up...

I have a HCI 04 z06. Long story short had a "friend of a friend" install the h/c set up and naturally they half assed a handful of things and my balancer spun off the crank 2000 miles after install.

Sold most of the old set up to fund a new one. Putting this thing back together with a new parts...

Trickflow as cast 220's(cleaned up by Brian Tooley)
    FAST 92/90mm TB(Both ported by Tony Mamo)
    235/241 .625/.625 111lsa cam( Ed Curtis "streetsweeper" grind)
    All supporting bolt on's( 1 7/8 LT's/3" X/ Halltech intake etc etc)

Also spray a 150 Nitrous Outlet plate kit a few times a year at the track and 1/2 mile events.

Anyway...just some background. Ready to pull the trigger on an HPTuners Pro set up. What else do you recommend to help out a newb to tuning like me?

Im gonna read, read and read some more. I don't expect any magic, I know its a little bit of a rowdy set up for a beginner but Im pretty confident I'll figure it out over time(probably a lot of time hahaha)

I know "whats the best wideband" is a loaded question you guys are sick of hearing, but any preferences? Besides a wideband anything else to help make my life/tuning easier? Appreciate any advice or idea's to make my life easier starting out!

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I like my Innovate LC-2. I have bought a few and never had problems. Very easy to set up with the Pro series.
    As for this message board, the people that will reply to your questions are pretty sharp. They guys that read and don't comment are reading to learn.

Advanced Tuner
    What's your budget for a wideband? AFM1000 is excellent but spendy. If that's out of the budget get the Ballenger AFR 500 or a used Powerdex.