Thread: 2012 Mustang V6 ignition switch immobilizer disable?

Potential Tuner

2012 Mustang V6 ignition switch immobilizer disable?

My first post on this forum, as others have said - bear with me....

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang V6 w/ 6 speed auto trans in a 61 Falcon.

Issue: Have disabled PATS with HP Tuner but it's a 'no start'. A Ford Scan Tool confirmed the PATS is disabled. I've been told that in this generation (2011 to present) turning off the PATS does not turn off the ignition switch immobilizer. I remember when PATS became a issue in 1999. At first we had to put the key, ignition switch w/immobilizer transceiver and the instrument cluster behind the dash to make it all work (I don't want to go back to that). After awhile the 'players' of that era worked out how to disable it in the PCM. I specialize in trimming down Ford harnesses for whatever build (done a lot of FFR Cobra 4.6's) and my customers from all over the country see me as a conduit to PCM service ( I have access to a skilled tuner but this research he put me on). If it's possible to disable the immobilizer in the PCM then the door swings open on my wiring/PCM solution for the latest generation of Ford transplanted engines. Thank you guys in advance for any replies on this forum.
    Art @ WireDiet.com

Hi,

This is being worked on. However, there is no current ETA.

-Matt
    There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.