Thread: 2002 chevy 1500 with built motor

Tuner in Training

2002 chevy 1500 with built motor

ok guys let me know what you think.
    I have a friend stationed over here with me in the UK that has a 2000 1500 chevy with the 6.0. he had an engine built by texas speed a few years ago and had them tune it( forged 383 11.5 compression intake/mild 238 deg cam). truck ran fine. he had the bright idea to pull the motor and relocate the wiring harness under the dash to have the truck repainted including the engine bay. The only thing that has changed with the motor be sides new rings and bearings is he bought a degree kit and degreed the cam. Now after the engine was reinstalled the truck drives like SHIT and you get KR up to 9 deg all over the place. I hooked up the HP tuner hoping it was just the cam being degreed and tried to do a few logs truck under a load hesitates and really boogs and spits at 2500rpm and wont rise in RPMS and is not showing and LTFT or STFT I can even get much feedback FROM the O2 sensors, showing 30mv while on the gas. I told him he degreed the cam wrong or he wired shit up wrong when he moved the fuse boxes into the cab as they cut all the harness and re soldered everything when moved to the cab. I pulled 10 degrees of timing everywhere before it would even drive down the road at 40MPH and he is still saying he need Race fuel..im tired of trying to explain it to him..what you guys think he did something wrong or will degreeing at cam at -3deg from 0 really throw the tune off this much

Sorry about the long post

Tom, are there any codes? Make sure all ground wires and straps are installed and secure. Did he swap the O2 sensor cables? Why did he decide to re-degree the cam? Was there something going on before that led him to do that? We can talk about that tonight if you would like.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]