Thread: Can someone help????

Tuner

Exclamation Can someone help????

OK what i have is a 1970 Cutlass with a LQ9 4L80E TVS1900 and 0411 ECM. i want to run flex fuel i have the sensor installed and all the necessary items needed to run this what i don't have is the tune. i have Tahoe, avalanche, and express van tunes problem is GM never did a 6.0 liter with this option. so my question is can/should i just copy all my info to the new tune and just leave flex fuel tables alone and fine tune? does anyone happen to have a tune like this that is willing to share? i am just unsure of where or how to get this up and going. you guys have always been of great knowledge and help i appreciate the help. i have what ever tunes you might want to look at if it helps

Senior Tuner
    It can be done. You need a 12216125 o/s from a 2002 flex fuel vehicle. You can get a 5.3 yukon flex fuel file and segment swap the 4l80 in from a 8.1/4l80 avalanche that used the same o/s. You just change the engine parameters to what you need and your ready to start tuning. Only down side to this is you are limited to a 2 bar o/s.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    It can be done. You need a 12216125 o/s from a 2002 flex fuel vehicle. You can get a 5.3 yukon flex fuel file and segment swap the 4l80 in from a 8.1/4l80 avalanche that used the same o/s. You just change the engine parameters to what you need and your ready to start tuning. Only down side to this is you are limited to a 2 bar o/s.

ok so do i flash this to the 0411 then? i also have an 04 express van ECU as well? i know the van is the faster ECU i just want to make sure i do it right and not brick anything. again thanks for the help in advance

Senior Tuner
    You would prepare a file as I described and do a write entire to an 0411 pcm. This will likely cost you 4 credits. A 2004 pcm is no faster, has less resolution on the ve table, but does have more tables for flex fuel to take advantage of. It would also require repining your harness if you already have one for 0411.

Tuner
    the repining is just the grounds to the o2 sensors isn't it? i am just trying to figure this all out. your idea seems much easier but the more info i have the more smarter i become. lol is there a how to for the repining or any info. like i said i am just very interested in this sorry for all the questions.

Senior Tuner
    Have to google it, I just pull the diagrams and put them side by side and highlight the differences. There is more than 02 sensors to change.