Thread: Long Videos with RaceRender

Potential Tuner

Long Videos with RaceRender

Here's the scenario - using TrackAddict to record a long mountain segment where the time for the segment can be measured in hours. When recording HD video with my Hero3+, the camera will automatically start a new file whenever a certain file size is reached (26:15 or 1.85 GB). So what I'd end up with would be a datafile from TrackAddict of a single session, along with two or three video files from the GoPro.

Will RaceRender sequence the multiple video files, or should I merge them before importing?
    1991 Mazda Miata.

It will automatically pick up the additional gopro videos when you add the very first in the sequence.

I do this all the time, it works great!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Nice, and I appreciate the quick response.... going to upgrade now!
    1991 Mazda Miata.

First time post, still evaluating Race Render and really like what I've seen. I'm close to buying the full ultimate edition and have a few questions.

Sorry to bring back up an old thread--
    I added my first GoPro 3+ video file but it didn't pick up the 2nd video file. First filename is "GOPR0887.MP4" and the sequential filename is "GP010887.MP4". File length shows 00:17:25.54 on timeline, but should be more. Is this because I'm using the free/trial version? I know it will only produce a 3 minute file but would still like to see both video files.

I've attached the screenshot and not sure you can see it, but the video ends yet the map in the upper left corner shows the route still going a bit more.

RaceRender3.jpg
    Last edited by kawasaurex; 02-04-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kawasaurex View Post
    First time post, still evaluating Race Render and really like what I've seen. I'm close to buying the full ultimate edition and have a few questions.

Sorry to bring back up an old thread--
    I added my first GoPro 3+ video file but it didn't pick up the 2nd video file. First filename is "GOPR0887.MP4" and the sequential filename is "GP010887.MP4". File length shows 00:17:25.54 on timeline, but should be more. Is this because I'm using the free/trial version? I know it will only produce a 3 minute file but would still like to see both video files.

I've attached the screenshot and not sure you can see it, but the video ends yet the map in the upper left corner shows the route still going a bit more.

RaceRender3.jpg
    The Free version shouldn't be imposing any limit in this case, as you would still be within its maximum number of input files / objects (limit is 4, so you could have 2 video files + 1 join group + 1 data file).

When you added the first GoPro video, it should have detected the other pieces stored in the same folder and prompted you to automatically join them. There are a few edge cases where that might not happen, but it should be offered in the majority of cases.

In any case, there's an easy workaround: You can add the second file, "GP010887.MP4", to your project (if it prompts to you join them, just click "No" in this case), then select both pieces in the "Input Files" list, and click "Join". You can change their playback order within that join by selecting one and using the Move Up / Move Down button.