Thread: 3 bar OS SD dilemma

Tuner in Training

3 bar OS SD dilemma

Hi all, I currently have a PN 411 ECU from a 2002 something.
    I am using on a turbo 5.3 build. I have the newest version of HP tuners on my laptop.
    I credited the stock file in the ECU so i can start tuning.
    I wanted to right away start with a 3 bar enhacment, but the enhancment is grayed out as an option, only a 2 bar is poosible..
    From what im told (By HP tech support) that i need the upgraded OS, but denies telling me where to get it from.

Can anyone help me get to a new OS file that will allow me to use 3 bar map on my 5.3/cable throttle body/manual trans turbo engine so i dont waste more credits from bad technical support.

TIA
    Darren

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same issue, anybody have any info on this?

Senior Tuner
    Unfortunately you will need to change the OS, and that will require 2 more credits. You haven't wasted any though, as you had to spend 2 to license the hardware, and it already had an OS without a 3-bar option. I'd recommend you use 12212156, that's the most flexible and best supported 2002 OS. Most likely you have the 2002 flex fuel OS (came in some Tahoe's)...there isn't enough empty space in the PCM for a 3-bar VE table, so HPTuners was only able to create a 2-bar enhancement for this particular OS.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Unfortunately you will need to change the OS, and that will require 2 more credits. You haven't wasted any though, as you had to spend 2 to license the hardware, and it already had an OS without a 3-bar option. I'd recommend you use 12212156, that's the most flexible and best supported 2002 OS. Most likely you have the 2002 flex fuel OS (came in some Tahoe's)...there isn't enough empty space in the PCM for a 3-bar VE table, so HPTuners was only able to create a 2-bar enhancement for this particular OS.
    Im in the same boat with this, except im on a 1999 truck. Where do I get the other OS?

Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ckanderson View Post
    Im in the same boat with this, except im on a 1999 truck. Where do I get the other OS?

Thanks in advance
    Im in the same boat as well, where do i get the os from? I looked through the repository but unable to confirm what has the 3bar os

Senior Tuner
    The 12212156 OS came in a lot of 2002 cars and trucks. What transmissions are you guys running?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    The 12212156 OS came in a lot of 2002 cars and trucks. What transmissions are you guys running?
    Im running a th350 behind a 02 5.3 with 411 ecm on speed density only

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Mike OD. So I I understand this right, go to repository, get a 156 OS, use 2 credits to license, then unlock 3 bar and write entire? Isn't the 3 bar going to cost an additional 2 credits?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vtekthis View Post
    Thanks Mike OD. So I I understand this right, go to repository, get a 156 OS, use 2 credits to license, then unlock 3 bar and write entire? Isn't the 3 bar going to cost an additional 2 credits?

Thanks
    No,it shouldn't

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Redxbob View Post
    Im in the same boat as well, where do i get the os from? I looked through the repository but unable to confirm what has the 3bar os
    cant you just click the OS button and confirm its 3 bar ready?

Thats what i did with the 99 tune

Senior Tuner
    Make sure you update your software from the HPTuners customer center...3-bar is free now. And yes...before you license the file you'll see that 3-bar is available for it.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    Any body on truck hardware have luck with upgrading to the 156 OS?? Im on 2001 hardware and would like to confirm that this works before spending another 2 credits!

Thanks folks, It doesnt seem like there is much information on this stuff around...

Tuner in Training
    anyone have this operating system with the 4l80e and 3 bar im in need also.
    thx

same boat here at dewrag. I have a 2001 411 ecu not with the 12212156 OS. is there anyway to upgrade this so I can get a 3 Bar OS? 3 bar doesn't even show up. Or do I just need a new computer?