Thread: Write entire with a 3bar OS tune?

Write entire with a 3bar OS tune?

here is the scenario:

I have a 2000 silverado that i just got done building a turbo 5.3 for. I am planning on doing a 3bar OS and a segment swap to a 4l80 in the next little while as the truck gets closer to being finshed.

I built this motor around one of matt happels fairmont builds and i have his tune that i was going to use as a starting base tune since our builds are nearly identical. currently his tune is already upgraded to the 3bar OS and is segment swapped for a 4l80.

is it possible for me to licence his tune and do a "write entire" with his tune where its already upgraded to the custom OS? looking through his tune he also started with a 2000 silverado tune. I am just unclear if its even possible to do or if it might brick the PCM. If worse comes to worse i can just segment swap my current tune and upgrade the OS but it would save me some time if i could just flash his tune to begin with

thanks!

is it possible for me to licence his tune and do a "write entire" with his tune where its already upgraded to the custom OS? looking through his tune he also started with a 2000 silverado tune.
    Yes this is possible. You just need to read and license your PCM then license his file and then "write entire" his file and go from there.

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't though. It would use less credits and eliminate possible problems if you just do the segment swap on your stock file and then upgrade to the 3 bar os. Then compare his to yours and just change all of the differences. Doesn't require additional creditrs that way and you know your file will work in your PCM. Just takes an extra half hour or so to do the leg work.

Do I not have to license the file I do the segment swap with? I figured that I did so that's the reason for my question as I figured it would cost the same amount of credits anyway

Advanced Tuner
    You do not have to license the file you pull the segment from...

Awesome, then that's the way will go! Thanks for the replies !!