Thread: Can anyone help me figure out why I can get the TCC to stop slipping on my 6l80e

Tuner in Training

Can anyone help me figure out why I can get the TCC to stop slipping on my 6l80e

I have a 2010 Camaro, and I am trying to figure out how to get the tcc to stop slipping. I have tried upping the regulator offset up to 50 in mytune1, and then again higher in mytune3. It still seems to be slipping. I have been trying to read and learn, and could really use some insight.

Mod List
    CAI
    VMAX Throttlebody
    ARH Longtube headers
    Yank 3600SS
    GPI SS4 VVT

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trackzero; 08-13-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Adding mod list

Not an expert but I will give you a bump in case one is lurking and my two cents of observations:

Tuning WOT with a wideband? didn't see it in an exported csv file. Wideband would be priority one IMO.

You have KR showing up in your number 1 log. You haven't tuned Burst knock retard out and it is showing up, potentially the reason TM and KR retard show up too. You can tune out Burst knock (at least temporarily if not forever) and re-log to see if other spark pulling events go away with it too.

First PIC: Your log 1 was taking about 1.5 sec. to lock with offset at 50. In Log 3 at offset of 90 it was down to a 1/2 sec. which is better and maybe great for a single disk. For built tranny plus triple disk what I did was start with my stock offset, gain, and apply ramp, ran a log file to find where mine "wanted to lock", then raised my offset enough plus a little to make that happen as the starting point of the event leaving gain and apply ramp stock. I guess I got a thing for unnecessary pressure (trannys, work, home, grand kids). From what I have read its been more popular to change the gain 1.0 and pick up the extra pressure needed in the apply ramp. I tried that for a while but got anal and changed it back the way I had it.

Second PIC: I didn't see any real "unnecessary" slip in Log 3 unless I just missed the frame. Unless your commanded line pressure is not where you want it, the only slip you should be concerned with is when the commanded line pressure is there for apply, otherwise the TCC is doing what it is supposed to do which is slip for idle, moving when not locked, torque management events, etc. You have Torque Ramp set so a little blip shows up for shift events which I would expect. I use Immediate but my tranny is built not stock, so I would leave it the way you have it for safety there.

So bump for the day.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't look at the logs, but in the pictures posted, I am pretty sure you are below the MPH you have the lockup set for.... so the converter wont lock there.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Tuner in Training
    Seven ends, Thanks for the response, I also do not see much slip, but when in the the car, it feels like it is catching and slipping. If i completely turn off lockup the problem goes away, so I am sure it has something to do with that. Possibly the converter is shot or something.

I had read somewhere in the past that somebody experienced the lockup bouncing because of hitting with too much pressure. Just to rule that out you might try going back with stock gain 1.5, stock apply ramp (orig. numbers before the added 10 ft/lbs), and setting the offset to around 45 psi. Then run a log to see if you get any difference.

Another penny: The Scanner has a marker capability you can use to mark the start and end of the events you feel while logging (M key). You might be able to determine if what you feel is torque management / spark retard or if it is systemic in certain areas (i.e. upper end of 4th gear) where lockup feels poor. Then either find a fix or simply move your lockup or not lockup in those additional cell(s). As for pulling out the TC, at least you are not 4 wheel drive.
    Last edited by seven ends; 08-17-2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: can't seem to spell after 10 p.m.
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

I have 50% higher apply ramp and an offset pressure of 90 psi. My Yank 3200 does not slip when locked.
    09 G8 GT- 224/234 114 cam, 3200 stall, 3.45 gears, Vararam, 1 7/8" headers, 3" exhaust, HSW nitrous

Quote Originally Posted by seven ends View Post
    I had read somewhere in the past that somebody experienced the lockup bouncing because of hitting with too much pressure. Just to rule that out you might try going back with stock gain 1.5, stock apply ramp (orig. numbers before the added 10 ft/lbs), and setting the offset to around 45 psi. Then run a log to see if you get any difference.

Another penny: The Scanner has a marker capability you can use to mark the start and end of the events you feel while logging (M key). You might be able to determine if what you feel is torque management / spark retard or if it is systemic in certain areas (i.e. upper end of 4th gear) where lockup feels poor. Then either find a fix or simply move your lockup or not lockup in those additional cell(s). As for pulling out the TC, at least you are not 4 wheel drive.
    The thread referred to below, read down to Russ Kemp's comments. Looks like the OP in this thread also had a Yank 3600, might be a worth an PM to him to find out how it turned out.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...59-TCC-lock-up