Thread: L67, 4L60e, 59 Rambler Cross Country

Potential Tuner

L67, 4L60e, 59 Rambler Cross Country

Here is what I'm working on: I have a 59 Rambler cross county that I am trying to modernize, and give a bit of performance. I have a 98 Buick PA Ultra(CAM'd, intercooler, yada yada yada). I think the motor from my Buick would be a good fit for the Rambler. I would need to change from my 4t65e HD to something like a 4l60e from a Firebird.

I don't know what all I would need to do for a PCM. My Buick PCM has the wrong transmission, and the Firebird would not have the supercharger stuff(I think the only thing is to make the boost bypass in some situations, but tables may be different...IDK)

I wouldn't want traction control, air bag, cluster, and likely a bunch of other things. I do want cruise and A/C to work. I know people put S/C 3800s in sand rails and other cars, so what does it take?

I've only used HPT for my buick; tuning and shutting off some codes.

How do I make this happen? Suggestions? Thinks to consider? Wiring?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Last edited by Plainfield_Jeremy; 08-11-2015 at 08:48 PM.
    98 Buick Ultra, XP Hot cam, Lifters and springs to accommodate, 40lb injectors, Double roller Timing chain, .020" over forged pistons, Powder Rods, Headers, Ported Gen 3, 2.8" Pulley, phenolic intercooler, N* throttle body, 3k stall, 3.29s, good hard parts and shift kit, that's probably most of it. My Sleeper.

Potential Tuner
    Anybody?
    98 Buick Ultra, XP Hot cam, Lifters and springs to accommodate, 40lb injectors, Double roller Timing chain, .020" over forged pistons, Powder Rods, Headers, Ported Gen 3, 2.8" Pulley, phenolic intercooler, N* throttle body, 3k stall, 3.29s, good hard parts and shift kit, that's probably most of it. My Sleeper.

Potential Tuner
    go with a manual transmission from f body or from s/t trucks. they are hydraulic so hose routing should be easy
    I'm going with an l67 into an 88 Jimmy. 5 speed manual trans bolts up great. talk to west coast fiero for a clutch & flywheel to match in balance.
    think about throttle body going through firewall. was a pain to do & route intake tubing. t-stat housing will also need to be changed.
    I deleted all trans codes. you will have to figure out how to put trans range switch to drive. My 03 Bonn ecm will not allow boost in reverse, park or neutral

Advanced Tuner
    I think overcoming all the DTC unused for the tcm as well pcm would net you your tuning needs. Knowing whether or not the large hard parts (mainly the trans outfitted with) that contain any modules are supported by HPT is key.
    I'd await someone else's input before going off just mine.