Thread: 2.4 LD9 Turbo; Need Auto Supercharger Reflash File

Potential Tuner

2.4 LD9 Turbo; Need Auto Supercharger Reflash File

Wrapping up a turbo build in my 99' Alero and have come to the time in the build when I mess with the tuning. I have already purchased a operational 2000 ECU for the car. I looked thru the repository and the only reflash file I could find was for a manual Cavalier. I already went to my local dealer and they did not seem very keen in doing the reflash for me. Thanks in advance.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    what are you trying to accomplish with the flash? all we know is you have a motor and ecu and want a reflash.....but for what purpose do you want this reflash?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I am looking for the GM supercharger reflash so I can tune the car with speed density rather than try to fake a 2 Bar OS. I have a vague idea how to do the fake tune but I'm still not quite sure how to go about it. I just feel that it would be safer having the car read speed density on a forced induction build than tricking it on the alpha n software.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if i am remembering correctly gm used the same ecu until about 03 on the cavalier. as long as your controller is the same as the ones in the repository then under the 2002 cavalier their are bone stock supercharger files.
    as always flash at your own risk.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    From what I understand the calibration part numbers for the J and N body are different along with auto or manual. I've only found manual calibrations for J body cars in the repository. When you open the calibration in the VCM editor everything shows up the same as the auto Alero calibration, i just don't know if this is just how the software displays it.