Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coyote Base Fuel

if you tune open loop it wont log ltft or stft, think of those as you error for perfect af then your wot table takes over at wot and commands whatever is there. but just normal driving why wouldn't you prefer the optimal af? the issue I have is part throttle w turbo cars, it stays at 1.0 cuz your not in wot fuel until you breach the wot fuel pedal table settings but I don't want 11.2 af at part throttle w 1psi boost lol more like 12.8 or 12.5 but theres not a good way to get that. I wish there was a load setting to get af vs load, I don't care about rpm, just when pressure is high

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    so disable the cat test and cat criterias and it will be steady state? if you have a car without cats, how do you obtain a steady 1.0?
    No, its not in the cat test area. it is somewhere else in the tune.

It doesn't matter. Its only about a 2% swing and it should have no affect on your ability to tune the car. I'm just explaining why at a steady state (even idle) the Lambse will alternate bnetween about .98 and 1.01. It the same idea as on an earlier mustang you could have the fuel dialed in perfectly and the the fuel trims would still switch back and forth between .98 and 1.02.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    ...the issue I have is part throttle w turbo cars, it stays at 1.0 cuz your not in wot fuel until you breach the wot fuel pedal table settings but I don't want 11.2 af at part throttle w 1psi boost lol more like 12.8 or 12.5 but theres not a good way to get that. I wish there was a load setting to get af vs load, I don't care about rpm, just when pressure is high
    Yeah I know what you mean. I haven't found a way to do that yet (like you could with the older mustangs). The way the fueling on these is set tup is a lot like tuning a GM vehicle where you are either commanding stoich or your are in "power enrichment" mode. The amount of enrichment can be adjusted for different rpm points but there is no way to enrichen it proportional to rpm. You are either in "Power enrichment mode" (GM speak) or you are not.
    Last edited by realspeeddan; 02-18-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    if you tune open loop it wont log ltft or stft, think of those as you error for perfect af then your wot table takes over at wot and commands whatever is there. but just normal driving why wouldn't you prefer the optimal af? the issue I have is part throttle w turbo cars, it stays at 1.0 cuz your not in wot fuel until you breach the wot fuel pedal table settings but I don't want 11.2 af at part throttle w 1psi boost lol more like 12.8 or 12.5 but theres not a good way to get that. I wish there was a load setting to get af vs load, I don't care about rpm, just when pressure is high
    I will be there with you soon enough with the TT, but have you messed with Fuel/Transient/Acceleration or Fuel/Open&Closed Loop/Fuel Enrichment Pedal? Your enrichment rate should be at least .5 with a FI car.

Tuner in Training
    Bump on an old thread..... I was just searching trying to figure out how to do what kaineoutlaw is talking about here^^^ is that possible?

Load based lambda table would be awesome.
    Last edited by longstroke; 02-09-2017 at 03:23 PM.