Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boss Strategy

Tuner in Training

Boss Strategy

Has anyone used the boss tune that's in the repository. It says non stock silver key, pretty sure there was only a red and black key. If not does anyone have a good boss tune I can use because I will be spinning my motor to 8k and believe there is still a limit on the gt strategys.

I sent some boss files and HPT said they will not be supperted anytime soon. So I'm curious what you have.
    I just tried to load boss file into editor and it's not working.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I sent some boss files and HPT said they will not be supperted anytime soon. So I'm curious what you have.
    I just tried to load boss file into editor and it's not working.
    Here a boss file someone sent me but I have not opened it yet. NM I looked up the vin and its just a gt.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by redline5.0; 08-17-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Is this an untouched boss calibration? ^^^

That's the one you can download from hpt repository but if you look up the vin it says gt so I couldn't tell ya for sure.

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting, looking over the rpm breakpoints and VCT strategy, it's definitely not a stock GT calibration. Perhaps it really is a Boss map.

I tried to read few boss, non of them want's to open in editor. What i found, if i flash it with sct, any tune, then this can be read and edited via HPtuners.
    So they say they don't support it, but they support somehow, i don't get it. The only thing that i see how it's done, is SCT flashing there GT tune. Also after this operation red key is no longer needed.
    What is also interessting, on boss red key idle are bit lopey, more agressive, after flash with SCT they are no more lopey.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    I tried to read few boss, non of them want's to open in editor. What i found, if i flash it with sct, any tune, then this can be read and edited via HPtuners.
    So they say they don't support it, but they support somehow, i don't get it. The only thing that i see how it's done, is SCT flashing there GT tune. Also after this operation red key is no longer needed.
    What is also interessting, on boss red key idle are bit lopey, more agressive, after flash with SCT they are no more lopey.
    I find this very odd. My cousin has a 2012 Boss and I was able to pull the stock tune out, write the new tune and load it back in without issue. I believe the track key is the one that isn't supported FWIW.

I have not tried any 2012, only 2013 models.
    Maybe they all were with red key? I dont know now.
    www.hd-customs.pl

I remember the red key being the problem too. I'd be interested if anyone ever got a got a good read of the red key or the 13/14 mustang gt track key/track cal

I have read, but for now it wont open. The most im curious is what they did to have nice idle.
    Otherwise program is poor, with Jlt we gained more than usually on gt.
    I dont know reason it closes throttle bellow 3000 and above 5200 loosing lot of power.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Potential Tuner
    I sent that non-stock silver key file to Eric. I also sent a bone stock read but he never put it up. It's form my 2013 Boss. The non-stock file is from when I put the headers, CAI, and Comp stage 3 NA cams in. It could be from just before I went to that step, can't remember for sure. To busy building Ford modified circle track engines to play with the Boss. A 2013 Boss and I still don't have 3000 miles on it. Maybe next summer.

Does anyone have a Stock Tune file from a 2013 Boss 302 that isn't from the repository?

I used the repository file and somehow, someway, it has gotten some sort of corruption along the way.

I used it to change the strategy on a 14' GT to rev to 8000 RPM but the car does not start after a long shut down period (usually over night) and throws these codes.

P068A - ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized - (Too Early)
    P06B8 - Internal Control Module Non-Volatile Random Access Memory (NVRAM) Error

I've never had this happen to me changing strategies using HP Tuners. After talking with several people and performing about 100 test flashes, I concluded that the file was bad.

Does anyone have a known good working 2013 Boss File they can post or e-mail me?

I have a known good 2012 Boss 302 Strategy file but I can't use it on 13-14 cars since it doesn't play nice with the PCM.

I don't ever really get Boss 302's coming through the shop so i'm hoping someone might have a 2013 Boss file they read from a car.
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

I have read of stock boss not in rep. Write me email info at hd-customs.pl and I will send you back.
    www.hd-customs.pl

I have read of stock boss not in rep. Write me email info at hd-customs.pl and I will send you back.
    Thanks!

I just sent you an e-mail.
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

Important question. I was going to buy ngauge giving customer ability to return to stock.
    Question is if after return to stock red key will work again?

Thanks
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    I came across this thread because I have a 2013 track prepped 302s here that I really want to tune. I was able to read out the ROM ( i think you ford guys call it the strategy) and submitted it to HPT in hopes of having it parsed out and added to the supported strategies, just wondering if anyone has successfully tuned one of these with HPT or any other tools? When I plug in a diablosport tool it won't even read the PCM bc it cannot find the VIN!

You need to flash car to stock with ford IDS.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Senior Tuner
    Could someone please send me or post a 2012 Boss Strategy to try using on the next 11/12 Mustang I tune. I'm curious if there actually seems to be a difference in using the Boss strategy with all the visible settings the same as I usually use them. Early 2011 strategies don't seem to play well with E85 for some reason either. Always get spark source Cold Start Emissions Reduction.

Tuner in Training
    You need to flash car to stock with ford IDS.
    Yeah, that would make sense, but I don't see why HPT couldn't add this strategy to their repertoire - FYI the strategy of this is PCM is FPRC0_RACE_X09