Thread: FRPP Coyote Control Pack Support

FRPP Coyote Control Pack Support

We had to make some special provisions in order to support the FRPP Control Pack for two reasons.

#1, it does not have a VIN
    #2, it does not properly broadcast the OSID

To address this, we have to generate a VIN for them. Since the VIN number is actually broadcasted properly, our scanner will look for an HPT generated VIN to identify the PCM. This allows us to scan more than just generic SAE and Enhanced PIDs.

If you are tuning one of these PCMs, when you click the Gather Info button in the Vehicle Reader window, the software will prompt you to generate a VIN. Allow it to do this. Once this has completed, you can read the file and then license it and tune like normally.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuning Addict
    Eric, I've already downloaded the tune and can communicate via scanner, but it will not allow me to license it. What am I doing wrong and how many credits will it take?

Thank You,
    Greg
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Ok, In case anyone else runs into this issue I just got it figured out. Originally it loaded a y with dashes over it vin = would not license. Redownloaded from pcm = now looked like HPTCopperH then a number vin as it should have = can now license... Just in case anyone has this problem and it's just 2 credits.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I see the "y" that it entered, so I let it do that then tried to download again but nothing happens. Do I need to put a number in? If so what do I input into the VIN window?

Tuner in Training
    I'm having the same issue with a for control pack 5.0L Coyote 5.0L Manual Transmission Control Pack (M-6017-504V). I select the Copperhead PCM but it will not generate a VIN and download the Base file. Please Help.

Quote Originally Posted by brian21074 View Post
    I'm having the same issue with a for control pack 5.0L Coyote 5.0L Manual Transmission Control Pack (M-6017-504V). I select the Copperhead PCM but it will not generate a VIN and download the Base file. Please Help.
    Make sure you're using the latest software from your customer panel. Re-read and if it's a Copperhead it will prompt you to generate a VIN at the end of the read. If it's a TC-1791, no VIN is necessary.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Make sure you're using the latest software from your customer panel. Re-read and if it's a Copperhead it will prompt you to generate a VIN at the end of the read. If it's a TC-1791, no VIN is necessary.
    Thank you it is a tc-1791. I was able to get the base file extracted.

Potential Tuner
    can HP tuner software can handle the gen 2 crate motor part number M-6007-A50SCA with controller M-6017-504V? phase shift on inlet cams from gen 1 engine.....
    Also, will it be able to handle turbo charger on E-85 as well?

Having similar issue with a FRPP TC-1791 Got through the read ok, know its a TC-1791, obviously no VIN, and can not write back to PCM. Latest software, firmware, MPVI2, and same issue cabled or BT...
    After reading, there is NO option to select a PCM, operating sys, or add a vin. it acts like it's doing it for me, but when its time to right, there is no un selecting the "do not write" tab.
    Any help appreciated at this point.

Tuner in Training
    Ive downloaded and wrote a few tunes for the tc-1791M-6017-504V and ive had to create the vin with the yyyyy preset setting to read n write so far

Tuner in Training
    TC -1791 Here and no problem reading and writing but data logging is horrible. It wont give me many useable PID's Whats the solution to this?

JJ@WMS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ@WMS View Post
    TC -1791 Here and no problem reading and writing but data logging is horrible. It wont give me many useable PID's Whats the solution to this?

JJ@WMS
    Try the basic stuff. Re-poll for parameters, update the software, contact support
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    I had to go this FRPP route with my 2018 coyote 5.0 manual (M-6017-M50B).
    I followed the advice of how to identify my ecu and so to pick the right hardware option. Non of it matches my ecu, so i started playing and the only pick under 'hardware' could read my ecu was 'TC-298, ECM, 2018+ Ford'.

Now am I having the right one? Am I seeing all setting options? Am I about to blow my ecu when writing to it? If it is wrong, how to move on?

I already send off a support request, but I am hoping to get solid advice here sooner.

Potential Tuner
    Is there a solution to FRPP Gen 2 Control Pack TC-1791. not showing vehicle( PCM) specific pids? This seems to still be an issue dating back to 2015.

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever figure out what?s happening here? I am having the same problem?