Thread: Will not start when hot LT1 block LS1 24X conversion

Tuner in Training

Will not start when hot LT1 block LS1 24X conversion

I have been working on this for some time and while tuning idle and part throttle VE table I shut the car off to added my adjustments and could not get the car to start when at operating temperature. The engine was heat soaked and I could hear the injectors firing. Fuel pressure looks good. Any ideas ?? Please see the tune below.

90s_camero_LT1_24xls conversion.hpt
    Last edited by opsguy34; 08-04-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: file location adjustment

Advanced Tuner
    Lots of things in your tune seem like they may contribute:

1. VE table really needs some smoothing
    2. Cranking VE and main VE should be similar.
    3. Startup airflow table looks strange

You'll need to post some more info about the rest of the setup as it appears to be 3 bar MAP with big injectors. So cam, injectors, and power adder(s) would be helpful.

Jason
    1996 Camaro SS M6 - 24X conversion - stock bottom end - heads - shorty headers - 58mm TB
    Ultradyne 230/238 .565/.565 112+4 - 30 LB red top SVO injectors - LOTS of suspension...

2002 GMC 2500 HD Duramax M6 - Just starting the tune on a stock motor now that I have a good clutch on order...

Tuner in Training
    I will have to look up the cam specs but I can tell you its a 383 with a D1sc charger. Elderbrock TB. I have scaled the MAF because its running a DPE MAP. Could the injector timing give me issues when its hot? The fuel system is stock line with Walbro 255 in tank and boost referenced psi regulator. We have started to tune the VE but car was at operating temp and we shut off to load new table and then it would not start. I will work on items 1 and 2. Thank you for the insight.

Tuner in Training
    We are reading over you other article and will be making changes to the tune accordingly also