Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRPP 47lb/hr Injector Data in HPTuners

Tuner

FRPP 47lb/hr Injector Data in HPTuners

I'm stuck. I found this https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...-9593-lu47.pdf

And there are various tunes in the repository for these injectors, but I don't know how to get the data from that PDF into HPTuners, short of just copying the values but not understanding what it is I'm copying.

Can anyone shed any light on how I can convert that data from the PDF into values that are applicable to a 2015 Mustang GT?

My Google-fu has run dry.

Thanks!!

Tuner
    So reading Lasota's book, pg 31 & 32, it talks about injectors and specifically FRPP data. It mentions converting values, but I think the info may be dated as you can change the units in HPT to match the data presented by Ford...so I'm still confused.

Advanced Tuner
    That information is not correct for a coyote. Those values are based on 39lb fuel pressure.
    My stock Roush TVS tune is in the repository. It has those injectors. Just copy and paste.
    I think the 15 still uses ~55lbs fuel pressure, so the injector data is the same.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 08-04-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    That information is not correct for a coyote. Those values are based on 39lb fuel pressure.
    My stock Roush TVS tune is in the repository. It has those injectors. Just copy and paste.
    I think the 15 still uses ~55lbs fuel pressure, so the injector data is the same.
    +1

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Right, I guess what I'm asking is if your tune didn't exist, how do you take the numbers that ford gives (at 39.15lb) and get to the correct numbers for the Coyote's 55lb?

FWIW, your tune and one other tune I found on here had 47lb/hr injectors.

Tuner
    I copied & pasted your values, I do a compare between my file and your file, and the values are 0. I must have done it right?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3901vw19qi...49.04.png?dl=0 << Screenshot

STOCK-frpp47lbhr.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by esacteksab View Post
    Right, I guess what I'm asking is if your tune didn't exist, how do you take the numbers that ford gives (at 39.15lb) and get to the correct numbers for the Coyote's 55lb?

FWIW, your tune and one other tune I found on here had 47lb/hr injectors.
    In those injector data sheets, you use the appropriate multiplier for the current fuel pressure out of the 4 comp tables on the right side, multiply both slopes, breakpoint, and voltage offset by those to get the appropriate values. Minimum pulsewidth does not change.

Now, what you might notice is that these won't match the Roush calibration, which leads some people to assume they are wrong. Those people haven't seen many calibrations, because these numbers do in fact vary, oftentimes more than you would expect, even in Ford OEM calibrations also. There is just not only one "correct" set of numbers oftentimes.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
    In those injector data sheets, you use the appropriate multiplier for the current fuel pressure out of the 4 comp tables on the right side, multiply both slopes, breakpoint, and voltage offset by those to get the appropriate values. Minimum pulsewidth does not change.

Now, what you might notice is that these won't match the Roush calibration, which leads some people to assume they are wrong. Those people haven't seen many calibrations, because these numbers do in fact vary, oftentimes more than you would expect, even in Ford OEM calibrations also. There is just not only one "correct" set of numbers oftentimes.
    So should I reuse the numbers from tunes in the repository (that obviously work) or do I take the spreadsheet + multiplier and use those numbers? I know you said there is no "correct" number, but is there a "better" or "best" number?

And thank you for the reply!
    Last edited by esacteksab; 08-25-2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    So should I reuse the numbers from tunes in the repository (that obviously work) or do I take the spreadsheet + multiplier and use those numbers? I know you said there is no "correct" number, but is there a "better" or "best" number?

Use the numbers from the Roush tune in the repo.

The individual who used to tune my car had this incorrect. My car ran better after this was fixed. Assume nothing with the work other's do.

This individual also likes to assume I haven't tuned or worked with many cars. As usual with his assumptions he is way off.

Tuner in Training

Well here's a good example, I'm looking at stock Roush Coyote calibrations right now, one manual, one automatic. These numbers aren't the same. But don't take my word for it, or the dissenter's. Look at multiple calibrations and you'll see for yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Attached is a side-by-side view of the injector data with a manual trans Roush file and an auto Roush file. Remarkably the injector data is exactly the same. One is a 2011 and one is a 2014. Is it possible Roush changed their calibration at some point? Sure. The data I have shows exactly the same comparing each file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    ...and the remaining comparisons. OP. Decide as you may however there is no need to over-complicate this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Exactly, no need to over complicate. Instead of pure conjecture about what is correct in one OEM calibration or datasheet vs another and blindly trusting it, math works in both directions always, right?

0.0178260 ALOSL from FPDX0A5
    divide it by the ALOSL in the datasheet
    result is 1.2439, appropriate for 65psi per datasheet

0.0169319 AHISL from FPDX0A5
    divide it by the AHISL in the datasheet
    result is 1.3020, appropriate for 65psi per datasheet

-----------------------------

0.0235070 ALOSL from FSDX1A3
    divide it by the ALOSL in the datasheet
    result is 1.6403, somewhere WAY out in left field beyond 65psi

0.0169329 AHISL from FSDX1A3
    divide it by the AHISL in the datasheet
    result is 1.3020, appropriate for 65psi per datasheet

There you have it. One calibration that has values which agree with the datasheet, and one that just doesn't.

To add to that, stock fuel system is 4 bar pressure, so I'd expect values between the 55 and 65 PSI ones in the datasheet if you were trying to get as close as possible, although you can see above that Roush doesn't even bother to.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
    Well here's a good example, I'm looking at stock Roush Coyote calibrations right now, one manual, one automatic. These numbers aren't the same. But don't take my word for it, or the dissenter's. Look at multiple calibrations and you'll see for yourself.

for ford 47 lb injectors M-9593-LU47 I could use the stock roush coyote files ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb027 View Post
    for ford 47 lb injectors M-9593-LU47 I could use the stock roush coyote files ?
    yes if you mean copying the stock Roush injector data

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    yes if you mean copying the stock Roush injector data
    I did it car runs better just need keep messing with maf and the stock psi for 2013 coyote is the same as a 2014 Roush ?

Yes.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Verifying using TXcharlie Roush Tune numbers for the LU47's would be the same if installing into my 2016 mustang GT? Thanks so much for your time

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RSlo View Post
    Verifying using TXcharlie Roush Tune numbers for the LU47's would be the same if installing into my 2016 mustang GT? Thanks so much for your time
    Yes injector data remains the same for the tricore ECM as well

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Yes injector data remains the same for the tricore ECM as well
    Much appreciated