Thread: Engine Stalls after hard pull

Potential Tuner

Question Engine Stalls after hard pull

Hello all,

I am new to HP tuners. I have a 87 RX7 with a 98 (F body) LS1, T56 my son and I have been putting together. The engine has a few mods 1 5/8" LT's, 799 heads w/LS6 springs, LS6 intake, .558"/.558" 114LSA Lunatti (55004LUN) cam. I just recently put the LS6 intake on. Went to the track last night and made few passes, It seems to pull pretty good. The problem is, at the end of the run when I get out of it and push the clutch in the RPM's dip way down and it tries to die, it actually did on a couple passes. I'm posting my log, cfg and hpt files. If someone could help point me in the right direction, I would much appreciate it.

8-1-15- track4.hplRX7.cfgRX7 8-1-15.hpt

Thanks,
    Jim

Potential Tuner
    Looking at the log. The MAP sensor reading goes way up at the point the RPMs drop out. What would cause that?

Senior Tuner
    Your base running airflow table is stock, this needs to be modified because of your cam. You should have an idle airflow config in the scanner, never tried it with a 98 but should work. Also your throttle cracker is disabled until 100mph, usually you massage this table to your needs not disable it.