Thread: first water meth tune any recomendations

Tuner

first water meth tune any recomendations

ive added water meth kit to my personal vehicle( turbo ls1 in Silverado). not sure how to take full advantage of it. id appreciate any suggestions or advice. thanks

Did you ever get any help on your meth injection? I'm looking at possibly adding the Snow Performance MPG kit on mine.

Alky Control Systems and use 100% meth works the best!

100% meth would do absolutely no good on my vehicle. It would cause it to burst lean on throttle release and wouldn't do what the water/meth is designed to do, which is cool intake charge to allow more air to be packed into the cylinders, as well as more timing before detonation.

Water has a latent heat of vaporization 3 times what Meth has. By using 100% meth, you are losing almost all of your cooling capabilities.

By using 100% meth, you are losing almost all of your cooling capabilities.
    really?

I missed your response and apologize that I just now seen this.

I am only trying to enlighten based on what I have done and proven to be true. The black car (my avatar photo) runs on 100% methanol exclusively (hence the term - blown alcohol) and the enderle fuel injection hat will ice over immediately at the hit of the throttle upon launching - the blower will be as cold as ice after a pass. both cars in my signature which are customer's cars are both turbo'd LS powered mustangs which see regular street duty as well as track duty - and they both burn gasoline and use meth injection (100%) to cool the intake charge and provide extra anti-knock characteristics over what gasoline can provide. I have tried several percentages of water + methanol and have found 100% methanol to work the best. I set the systems to start spraying meth about 5-6psi and then ramp up to full output by around 22 psi or so. this results in the lowest recorded IAT temps and the most timing and power. maybe you failed to see the results posted with the mustangs below?
    Last edited by 68Camaro; 12-29-2015 at 07:48 PM.

ok. I won't try to explain Fluid Dynamics to you, since you already know more than the scientific community.

ok. I won't try to explain Fluid Dynamics to you, since you already know more than the scientific community.
    you ask for advice and then insult proven results?

yes I understand that water will absorb more heat than methanol

I also understand methanol evaporates much faster than water - this will cool the intake charge much better/quicker than water

I have tried several percentages of water + methanol and have found 100% methanol to work the best. I set the systems to start spraying meth about 5-6psi and then ramp up to full output by around 22 psi or so. this results in the lowest recorded IAT temps and the most timing and power.
    did you miss this part^

lesson over

good luck with your project