Thread: 2012 GT500 Monitors

2012 GT500 Monitors

A customer recntly brought me a 2012 Gt500 that wont run the monitors for inspection. Sometimes it will run the converter monitor and pass and other times it will fail. Normally it wont run o2, o2 heater or converter monitors. Under catalyst in the diag section, what do you do to change the limits to keep the car from failing the test if it runs. Also what can be done to make the test actually run. I spent weeks making small changes and test driving with no results. The car was taken to another shop about an hour away and the car was ready to pass inspection in a matter of minutes using HPtuners. The owner said he pulled the car in, made changes with HPtuners and was ready before it was pulled out the door. What am I not seeing, The monitors must actually pass and can't just be turned off as in years past or they say Not Available and fail inspection. The car has a FRPP 2.9 Whipple and longtubes with high flow cats and the FRPP tune.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know someone knows the answers to these questions. All you have to do is post it up just minutes of your time so we can all learn.

Please Someone

Senior Tuner
    This is a 2013 but if you set your Engine Diagnostics like this you should pass.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I looked over the calibration and the only changes I see are the converters and rear O2 sensors have been set to no error reported. I have tried this many times in the past and immediatly after doing this the converters would come up as N/A in the scanner. I will try it again and see if something new happens. For the 2013 did doing this make them ready and passed immediatly, did you have to still drive the car or did it make the converters not vailable as I have found. In many states N/A will now fail inspection. I am looking for what changes need to be made that will give the same results as a GM "passed" with no driving. Any one know what direction to move the converter thresholds to make them have a little more range. I have tried every direction and have not seen any real results.

Tuner in Training
    bad383ta have you found a solution to this i have a 07 gt thats doing the same thing

Potential Tuner
    Any updates on this?

I'm in for info on this as well.