Thread: S10 swap with LS1 has me stumped at the moment...

Tuner in Training

S10 swap with LS1 has me stumped at the moment...

A friend of mine just swapped an LS1/4l60e into his 94 S10. Has a Current Performance harness and the computer is out of an 01 Tahoe with the 5.3 so I swapped the engine to 5.7 in the tune and copied/pasted an 01 Camaro stock tune in the areas where it applied, checked 2-3 times to make sure I didn't miss any areas, and flashed the ECM. I figured all should be good in the hood, but for some reason it wont go above 2400rpms. It gets to about 2400 and bogs like its losing fuel. It has a 255lph pump so the fuel capabilities are there but haven't checked at the rail yet as I've been out of town working. I don't recall it going above 2400 with the OE tune either which has me wondering if its on the wiring end and will be checking grounds when we get back on it tomorrow. I turned off DTC's for what he doesn't have i.e. egr, cats, etc. Other than that its a stock tune on a stock LS1/4l60e. Just has CAI, shorties, and exhaust. Shouldn't it fire up and run just like stock or did I miss a step? TIA
    1999 Camaro SS #1601

1998 Z28 M6 cam/heads/bolt ons/9"

test your MAF sensor

Does signal to the PCM from the MAF sensor fluctuate according to the what the engine is doing? I currently have then same issue on the exact same swap. I even have the same fuel pump. I have diagnosed mine as a faulty MAF sensor. I don't Know for sure this will correct the issue (the part is in the mail). But the symptoms your having are the same as mine.

If the MAF is the culprit could you not do a MAF fail tune to run SD mode and start and run the engine? Should at least get you started.